[ 9 ]

"he's the maknae. what do you expect?!" i said to jinyoung oppa as we argued about yugyeom.

"yes, but i am his hyung!" he said, getting pissed. i just laughed as i took out my phone to check the time.

4:46. april 29, 2018.

"i think we should get going now. it's actually a bit late." i added and put down my phone.

"sure." he took our empty ice cream bowls and shot them in the trash can. he came back to me. he lend out his hand as i took it. we both left the store and walked back to the building.

my phone started ringing as i walking with jinyoung oppa. jihyo was calling me. i picked it up.

jihyo
nayeon

im nayeon, where the hell are you?!

why do you sound so worried? i just went out for ice cream.

with...?

no one. just me.

(nayeon didn't want anyone knowing 'cuz yes. okay im sorry)

then where's jinyoung oppa?

am i supposed to know?

yeah. i bet he's, like, beside you. i know you went out with him!

no, i did not!

then, how did i get this picture of you guys together in an ice cream shop?

it's edited.

unnie, i know you're lying. the stupid thing, that got me this worried, is that you don't have a mask or anything on! do you know how dangerous that is?!

thought it wouldn't actually be easy to find out i went out with the guy. but i get why JYPnim made you our leader.

stop changing the subject! it's not bad to go out with a friend, but without any gear...

i just forgot them, okay?

but why didn't you tell us you were going out with him?

('cuz yes... im kidding) i don't know.
anyways, i'm almost there. we'll talk when i get there.

fine.

i hung up and sighed as i placed my phone in my pocket.

"busted." i heard from beside me.

"shut up."

"eh, i agree with jihyo. it is dangerous to go out without any gear."

"yeah, but-- how did you know what we were talking about?"

"maybe don't put your phone on speaker next time." he said as we entered the building.

we went up to our floor. the elevator dinged as we both bid each other goodbye.

"bye, oppa!"