[ 19 ]

7 years later...

"ugh, why do you have to oversleep all the time? i'm late again!" i said to myself as i got ready for work. oh, yeah. twice disbanded a year ago, so none of us idols anymore, but we all still have contact with each other. right now, i am very late for work.

i combed my hair as i got a call from my boss.

"oh, god!" i rushed out the door and ran downstairs. i work in a bakery. and why should i be so worried even though it's just a bakery? well, it's only me and lee hayoon, my friend, who works there.

i ran to the bakery. and of course people were looking at me, but i didn't care. i just need to get to work already! i got another call from hayoon.

i picked it up.

hayoon
nayeon

unnie, where the heck are you?! i'm stuck here working alone!

i'm so sorry, hayoon. i overslept.

again? isn't that clock loud enough already?

i don't know. i'm gonna hang up. gotta go.

okay. please hurry up. i'm dying here alone.

yes. i'll be there.

i hung up as i checked the time.

7:59.

i wasn't watching my way and bumped into someone.

"oh, i am so sorry." i said.

"it's okay." his voice... why does it sound so familiar? why do i care? the man left and i realized that he dropped his card.

maybe he needs that.

i couldn't decide; give the guy his card that he probably really needs or run to work.

"ah! i hate this!" i picked up the card and looked for the man.

"i'll just give it back later. it has the address." i continued running to the bakery.

after a while, i reached the place. i entered as i wiped my sweat and panted.

"nayeon unnie, hurry up!" hayoon demanded as went next to her.

"i gotta go change." i went to the bathroom to change into my uniform. i didn't have time to put it on when i was leaving.

i entered a stall and sat on the toilet wuth its lid on.

"oh, my god. i'm so tired!" i complained as i decided to start changing my clothes.

i saw the card again and it reminded of who i bumped into.

"his voice was familiar..." i muttered.

"hm... his name seems familiar, too. park jang-hoon. i've never met a jang-hoon before. eh, who cares? hayoon's gonna die soon." i put the card into my jacket's pocket and left the stall.

[ just in case if you don't remember who jang-hoon is, he's jinyoung's dad. but only in this story since i havent found the names of his parents ]

i left the bathroom as hayoon gave me a death stare.

"why were you so late?!" she hit me on the shoulder.

"do we have to care about that now? get to work!" i said as she rolled her eyes and we both started to work again.

nayeon's break...

"ugh, it's finally break time!" i sighed as i closed the door and turned the sign to 'close'.

"why doesn't mrs min just hire other people to work with?" hayoon complained.

i took out the card from my pocket.

"what's that?" hayoon asked as she bit on her sandwhich.

"something i don't need, and need to return." i replied.

"park building." i read it.

"oh, look! there's a number. i'll just tell the guy that i have his card then he'll come to get it. instead of me going there." i took our my phone and typed in the number written on the card.

this number has blocked you.

"well, that's weird." hayoon said.

"no, this is not weird! this only means one thing..." i said, "i have to go to the building!" i whined.

"haha!"

i groaned as i left the bakery and started walking to the park building.

"why is my number blocked anyway?" i asked myself.

"well, at least the building was near. i'm already here!" i continue talking to myself.

this is a huge building! park jang-hoon must really rich!

i finally entered the building. everything was so fancy. i couldn't get my eyes of off it.

"excuse me, ma'am." i got startled.

"oh, i'm sorry if i startled you." the lady said.

"oh, that's okay." i smiled at her.

"what exactly are you here for?" she asked.

"um... i'm looking for park... jang-hoon." i said.

"oh, he has passed."

"then where can i find the boss?" i asked.

"5th floor. 502." she said as i bowed and left.

i entered elevator and it took long for me to reach the 5th floor, so i had time to think. wait a minute... why didn't i just let the lady bring this up here?! think before you do things, nayeon!

the door opened and i stepped out and started to look for 502. finally, i found it. i knocked on the door.

"come in!" i heard the same familiar voice.

i opened the door.

"sir, i--" i looked up and i saw... that's why his voice was so familiar. that's why my number was blocked. his dad is park jang-hoon. it's jinyoung.

__

:o
one chapter left and this is finished!