Chapter One

'Jessa you idiot!' I shrieked, into the humid air settled in the kitchen. The sight which I was met with was not a pretty one. Not that I'd anticipated much more, after the crash and shriek from the room, which had sounded little more than thirty seconds ago.

Splattered across the white tiles of the floor was a red substance. Next to the puddle of aforementioned redness, lay my brother Kyle.

Please do not be alarmed, as lying next to the two was a ruptured bottle of Heinz tomato ketchup, and looming just above that, stood my best friend Jessa, holding a floral tray, with a ketchup shaped space missing, nestling between a bowl of curly fries and a sealed container of reheated chicken nuggets.

Yes my friends, we reheat chicken nuggets. (YOLO, we're young, rebel-ish and British.)

A disgruntled Kyle picked himself up off the floor, and removed a ketchuped up sock, and oh so classily stuffed it into his back jean pocket. I know for a fact that he later put in the fridge, and even later peeled off the ketchup, microwaved it, and ate it in a sandwich. His poor digestive system.

"Elsie, Elsie, Elsie," Jessa sighed, in a mock despairing tone, "After all this time you should know that the joys of my friendship comes with a few terms and conditions. As nobody reads them, you had little to no idea of what you were letting yourself into when you gave me that friendship bracelet in year four."

"To be fair, it was a lovely bracelet," I replied.

She shrugged, with an agreeing nod.

"Now, Jessica darling, please do steal my car keys and drive to Tesco for ketchup, and do attempt to not crash my beautiful car."

"Elsica darling, your 'beautiful car' is a nine year old Volvo, and your keys are already in my back pocket, as I was always planning on stealing your car to buy Loom Bands once you fell asleep."

"Naturally, you were going to use said Loom Bands to make me a friendship bracelet, to match the standards of my year four creation."

"Naturally babycakes. Laters!"

And with that, she skipped out of the building, car keys in hand, and twenty pound note between teeth. Unhygienic much.

A/N: Sorry it's short, just wanted to write something. Not going to make any promises about updates and what not at this moment in time, but will keep updated. On updates about updates that is. If that makes sense. If it doesn't, please do put the pitchforks down. Thank you all you beautiful people. Xxx