Basics on Fusion

Alright. Now, fusion isn't too complicated. The two parties are still active within the mind, and must control the body together. Their appearances are combined, and their height is increased.

Each person brings a defining physical character trait to the fusion. For example, Quentin's fusions always have mudkip tails, Ian's fusions will always have sunglasses, Crainer's fusions will always have rainbows somewhere on the outfit, and Derp gives his fusions a third eye.

When the fusion is active and conscious the two parties in the mind are both facing forward. Which is why both Ian and Q face forward. When the two people in the mind decide to talk to each other they face each other in the mind palace. This action shuts down the fusion's consciousness in the real world, leaving them staring blankly into space. Not doing anything. The fusion regains consciousness once the two people in the mind face forward again.

The more a stable a fusion is while fused, the more unstable it is while un-fusing. If a fusion is fused unnaturally then their un-fusing process will also be unnatural.

Fusions are inherently bipolar in nature. For example, conflicting emotions. This can be most shown when Quin starts blushing while telling the story of Ian's fan fiction. This is because Ian's emotions are conflicting with Quentin's. Since Ian's emotions are stronger, they are shown through a blush on his face.

When a fusion becomes more stable over time the parties involved are able to see each other much easier. Like how in the beginning of the book, Ian and Q had to go to sleep in order to see each other, but now they can just talk to each other whenever.

Control over the fusion is usually split pretty evenly amongst the two parties. However, if one person has shut off contact in the mind (like the wall) then the other takes full control over the fusion. Full control can also be taken forcefully by overriding the other's inner voice and emotions. This can be seen when Ian takes full control of Quin during the argument.

Power surges happen when the both parties in the fusion are feeling intense emotions of self preservation. Their eyes will go white. Their power levels are spiked and if the fusion is not used to the power, the power becomes uncontrollable. This surge of power leaves the fusion absolutely drained of energy afterwards. This often makes them pass out due to exhaustion. The surge lasts as long as they need in order to stay alive.

Have any questions? Feel free to ask them in the comments and I'll compile them into a second part! I hope this clears some things up. As always, thank you for reading!
—HK