Chapter 2 - Learning Who He Is

Italy's P.O.V

-

When I awoke I was blinded by a bright white light, due to reflex, I tried to cover my eyes with my hands. Only to find out that they both wouldnt budge. At first I freaked out a little but when my eyes adjusted I saw that both my wrists and ankles were chained up. Everytime I would try to move my skin would get scraped by the rust on the metal. After a few more tries of trying to move a voice called out from the shadows, "Stop trying, you'll just end up losing your limbs..."

I whimpered at the last part and teared up a bit. He must of noticed because he walked quickly out of the darkness and said, "Calm down, kid. I was joking," He then came closer and kneeled beside me, "Now then," He started, "Who are you?"

Germany's P.O.V

-

The kid seemed to of hesitated at first but then he said, "Ve... P-promise not to t-tell?" I nodded and he continued, "O-ok, but please believe me... I-I'm Italy. The Italy," When he finished I laughed, "Y-you?" I asked, "A-are the Italy?! Pfffffft! I'm not stupid!" After a few more laughs I toned down and grabbed his face with one of my hands, "Now kid, tell me the truth. I may just let you go if you do," With that he frowned and said a bit more louder, "Ve! But I am Italy! Oh, please let me go! If I dont hurry home big brother Romano I'll be scolded!"

'Ding'

That, was the sound of my brain realizing something.

Didnt Romano have a twin? And didnt they both have a trade mark curl? ... This kid, the more I look at him the more he looks like Romano. "No..." I mummbled, "How... how could this kid be... be Italy?" I let go of his face and backed up a bit. "Finally!" The kid sighed, "Ve... I'm glad you finally believe me! Now, can you please un-chain me?" I shook my head 'no' and stood up. I began to walk off but stopped when the kid kept on saying, "Wait! Wait! Wait! Who are you! Where am I?!"

I told him to shut up be he kept on bugging so I stopped before exiting the door and said, "Germany. I am Germany, and you are in my basement. Now quiet, I'm going to try to get some sleep before I go back into war." I finished and left the room leaving him shocked.