#10 Shape-Shifter?

(SkyWolf's POV)

    I follow everyone inside, not much caring about the scenery. My team must like it, because they all look around in awe. I just pay attention to the many different smells drenching the area in an invisible sheet. Now that I'm in here, I can't tell a human scent from whatever that sour smell is. I can't even pick up the gunpowder scent anymore. But what I can smell is paper. And a lot of it based of the overpowering smell of it that blocks all but the most foulest of orders. I think a skunk died somewhere outside and was then burned, and that's the only thing I smell besides paper. Gross.

     Ian leads us down a few long passages before stopping at another set of doors. I don't think he would, but I still keep a watchful eye on him for signs of aggression. I'll protect my team with my life. The doors open, and I'm met with the sight of rows upon rows of shelves. Oh, it's a library...... what's a library? I'm just gonna assume it's what I'm looking at right now. Paper in leather bindings are all over the place. I'm a little cautious when I can feel a strange presence in the air. I didn't notice it when we were in the other room, but now it's really strong in here. I feel like I should recognize it, but I don't. All I do know from it is DANGER! I slow my walk and sink into a slight stalk. Jerome notices this immediately and steps over to my side. "It's ok Sky. Seto ___ __ friend", he reassures me, rubbing the scruff on my neck. A friend? Isn't that what the baca calls a pack mate? I can't hurt Seto now without hurting the team. Is Ian in the team too? People should really tell me things BEFORE they happen.

     Ian takes us deeper into the library before rounding another turn. "Seto? There's people h-here to see you", he says to a figure at one of the tables. I walk around Jason's legs to get a goof view as he turns around. Wearing a purple cloak and red creeper pendent, the short human smiles at my team. The weird feeling in the air seems to be coming from him, but it's not scent. The human gets a confused look on there face when they see me. "Is that a wolf?", 'Seto' asks eventually. "Well, Yeah. His _____ is Sky. We were wondering if you could help him", Ty explains. Seto's eyes light up in recognition when he says my name. Does he know me? I've never seen him before. 

     Seto walks towards me, and I instinctively growl at his weird aura getting closer. "Sky, be _____", Jerome scolds me. I soften my growl a little bit, but I can't fully relax with the stranger present. "It's ok. He ____ probably sense my _____", Seto calmly says stepping closer and holding out his hand palm down. I look from his hand to him and back again. Slowly stalking forward, I keep eye balling him as I get closer. I strench out my neck and hesitantly sniff the human's hand, finally catching his real scent underneath the weird presence. I immediately calm down and lick Seto's hand, nuzzling him with my head. "There we go. So ____ do you want my help for? I didn't expect to see a wolf walk in here", Seto chuckles. "Um... this might ___ easier if you just see it for yourself", Jason mumbles. "Sky, do you mind turning back?", Ty asks me. What? I don't understand. "You know, can you _____ human?", Quinten says, seeing my lack of action. Oh! They want me to look like them? Why didn't they just say that!? I bend down my head and close my head, before pushing my wolf away and pulling back my human.

(Sky's POV)

     I open my eyes again to see myself sitting on the floor in front of Seto. I look up at him to see him staring down at me. "Hi?", I say. ".......... Oh", is all Seto manages to squeak out. "Nice to meet you!", I cheer, standing up. I feel a lot better around Seto since SkyWolf got his scent.  "So you're a Shape-Shifter?", Seto asks, amazement in his voice. "Is that what I am? Ty said you could tell me what's going on with me. I woke up in human skin, but I thought I was a wolf", I awkwardly shrug. "He didn't know what bacon was", Mitch laughs. "Or how to speak at first", Jason chimes. "So wait a second. If Sky's been living as a wolf for a long time, how old are you?", Seto asks me. "Three", I evenly reply. Everyone except Seto just stares at me, not saying a word.

     "Ok, this is gonna be a long explanation", Seto sighs, walking over to one of the shelves and picking up a group of papers. He sets it down on a table and flips through the pages as the rest of us crowd around him. A bunch of scribbles are on the papers, but I have no idea what they are. "Ok Sky, I'm pretty sure that you're Shape-Shifter. There used to be a bunch of them wandering around, but now.....", Seto trails off. "Where did they all go? I ask in confusion. "Um..... you see, well um, let's say that you died in your wolf form. You wouldn't turn back to a human If you're dead. If someone were to....... skin your fur, they could wear it and gain the Shape-Shifter abilities for a certain amount of time", he hesitantly explains. I can only stare at him in shock. "B-But how can that many people be killed? Couldn't we hide?", I ask in disbelief. "Well, you know how I have a 'magic' aura that you could feel when you were a wolf?", Seto starts, "You have the same thing when you're human. And it mostly goes away when you're a wolf. Humans can't sense it under normal conditions, but I know a few shady sorcerers around here that'd make stuff to track them".

     So I'm a Shape-Shifter?

A note by Seto Sorcerer:
     "The first Shape-Shifters were a direct result of a sorcerer's familiar. Bonded familiars are passed down through bloodlines, but if that families is released or the bloodline dies out, the familiar gains some of the sorcerer's magic. They already possess the intelligence, and the magic gives them the human form. Many different kinds of first Shape-Shifters appeared from this effect. These days, not many sorcerers bond with familiars. That's what's caused the species to die out so quickly. Not enough Shape-Shifters were bong born to make up for the ones killed. Sky may be the last"