Chapter 4

//Chapter 4//

"Ashley honey, your birthday's tomorrow! Your father and I have planned out your birthday celebration at home. You may invite your friends too, of course! " , mom cheerily said in the morning.

Oh yes, tomorrow is my birthday. I was born on September 22, 1997. On my birthday, it was always a tradition that my parents and I would look out of the window. We would see the full  moon that had risen up during the short period of seven days nearest to my birthday.

Snapping out of my trance, I grabbed my car keys off the coffee table and drove myself to school. I was dressed in a cream long sleeved lace top, black skinny jeans and a pair of beige-black ballet flats. My nails were painted pastel pink and I left my hair down in its natural dark brown waves, flowing gently down to my lower back. I didn't fancy putting too much effort into dressing up, so this outfit would do.

Once I stepped into school, I saw Kieran, Mel and Jake hanging out by the small waterfountain in the school courtyard. I rushed to them and said " Hey guuuuys, I'ved missed you all! " They greeted me back in a super-cheerful way before getting interrupted by silence.

Yes, silence. What had happened? As I looked around, even the last stream of buzzing chatter had died down everyone's throats. Finally, I followed their gaze and it landed on Nathan. He was walking towards the school building from his white BMW but somehow, with his ripped jeans, blue A&F Atheletes shirt and black converses, he managed to look like a male model walking down a runway. Yeah, he was attractive, I'd give him that. But there was no need to stare in pin drop silence, right?

In the next few seconds, he chose to walk past me and my group of friends. Once again, his scent of cologne wafted up to my nostrils, partly shutting down all my senses. Seriously. Did he have to put on that cologne? Did it have alcohol in it? You know, alcohol that could intoxicate you without needing you to drink it. Just smelling it would be enough. After he disappeared into the school building, the usual chatter returned. Wow, his presence affected the school that greatly? All the girls were staring with a lusting gaze. Even some of the guys were nodding with approval.

The Nathan Effect. It left me in such a stupor as to why a single high school boy could leave such a deep impression on the student population. My inner self answered. His handsome face, his toned body, his good dressing, his charming ways, his instant popularity and his charisma.

During History lesson, he sat in front of me, as always. " Class, I'm going to the staffroom for some materials. Please keep quiet for the time being. " And so, Mr Lennings left the classroom. As I was in the midst of doing my work, Nathan twisted around in his chair. "Hey Ashley. Are we supposed to do page three of this worksheet? " My head tilted up to look at him. "Yeah, page two and three." I answered calmly. "Kay, thanks!" He smiled and turned around. His eyes. I think I just got myself lost in those midnight blue orbs. I didn't even pay attention when Mr Lennings got back from the staffroom.

After an exhausting day at school, I plopped down on my bed. I stared up at my cream coloured ceiling and messaged the groupies, telling them to come over for my birthday celebration tomorrow.

Hey :D Come over for my birthday party tomorrow? We're gonna have fun!!! xxx -Ash

I pressed 'send' and stared out of my window. The full moon was close to getting entirely round. It would reach the complete circular shape tomorrow, on my birthday, just like it did every year. I happily sighed. The moon shone brightly on its own, contrasting with the dark night sky. The stars around it seemed to shimmer brighter than the others further away.

I am going to turn eighteen tomorrow. Will the moon and stars still shine brightly for me? I hope so.

There. That was chapter four. It was short, really short, but this would be the shortest chapter in the whole story. Hope you liked it! Look forward to the next chapter as its a very important one that could possibly change Ashley's life. ;) See you soon. Oh and  VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE IF YOU WANT!

-Kris