Chapter 3

DD had initially planned to join the Indian Police Service, but after her accident he had held the same police force responsible for her and her parents death.

None of us had understood his reasoning until much later though.

It had taken the police 10 hours to find the car in which her family was travelling. That too had happened only because her dadi (grandmother) had called up all of her contacts to get things moving.

I shudder to even think of what the general public goes through while dealing with the same situation. Even though Mrs.Mehta had her name and family reputation behind her, it took the police that long to find them.

I sometimes wonder what if the rescue workers had responded sooner then maybe they would all be alive today, including her.

After finding the car with her parent's bodies in it, they had carried out a token search for her. They had reasoned that no one could survive a fall like that from the cliff, especially not a young girl like her.

And if you were unlucky enough to be still alive after the fall from such great height, the wild animals will take care of it for you! Therefore, searching for a body or even traces of one was a waste of time and manpower!

Just listening about their insensitivity during that entire ordeal made our blood boil in anger. DD had been so pissed he would have launched an agitation against them, if not for our dad stopping him timely from doing so.

If we were so disturbed after listening to it 2 weeks after the fact, I can't even imagine what the Mehtas must have gone through during that time.

Consequently DD had decided to become a Psychiatrist because he wanted to help those who were unable to channel their grief and anger properly. And those who received no proper closure.

I originally had no idea about what I was going to be doing with my life and had at one point in time, thought of joining dad in his business.

But after understanding DD's reasoning for becoming a psychologist, I too knew what I wanted to be. 

I wanted to be an EMT. But I couldn't get into that particular program. So I became a surgeon and specialized in treating trauma patients. 

It was in the ER one day that I encountered a volunteer for First Responders and recognizing it as my chance, joined them as a volunteer.

Mom had been severely disappointed that not one of her sons was gonna join the family business. But with dad & bebe on our side, she hadn't really had any chance or support for changing our minds.

With a few random mutterings at odd times, she too had come around and now couldn't be more proud of the two of us. Though now her main intention is to see us both married so that we can give her some grandbabies to play with.

And with one of her wishes about to come true, I laugh as I hope that she gives us some time to fulfill her other wish.

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

A/N

Hey guys,

So another short chapter that still doesn't tell you who's getting married! 😉 bwahahahahah....(super evil laughter)😈😈😈😈😈

Though it does tells you a bit more about what happened 15 years ago and how our characters are living their lives presently....a life that was shaped because of her death.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the love and support you've shown me and this story through your comments and votes. 😍😘

Please continue doing the same.🤗

Also, if you find any mistakes please don't hesitate to point them out.

Until next time, Happy Reading!

P.S. Credit for the pic above to the uploader.

P.P.S. Totally unrelated.....do any of you also suffer from second hand embarassment for a fictional character when you are reading a book or watching a movie? Because I do.