Chapter 12

Sometimes Chanyeol wondered if Soo-ji was entirely right in the head.

How can she just be told that some old pervert wanted to have sex with her and she's standing there dancing and bouncing around?

"Um... are you o-"

"CHAAAAARRRGGGEEEEEE!!"

Chanyeol's words were thrown back into his throat when he saw a leg zooming at an aggressive speed at the corner of his eye and he was instantly dropped kicked to the ground.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!" Taehee screamed in Soo-ji's face, shaking her shoulders erratically and looking all over her body.

"Bloody fantastic." Chanyeol muttered under his breath, rubbing his sides where Taehee's deadly foot came in contact with him.

He stumbled upright with a scowl on his face as he watched the two of them.

"Park Chanyeol, you put Soo-ji in danger last night!" Taehee yelled with a pout, making him to roll his eyes at her.

"Have you actually forgotten she's our hostage?" He murmured under his breath, shaking his head at the both of them when Taehee began examining Soo-ji all over again like she was a delicate china doll.

"When you're finished with Malibu Barbie, Taehee, I actually have something to talk to her about." Chanyeol said irritably, making them both round up to him.

"What about?" Soo-ji asked.

"You miss Min Yoongi, right?" Chanyeol said with a hint of bitter in his voice. He then pulled his phone out of his pocket and extended it out to her. "Call him."

Soo-ji narrowed her eyes at him slowly, hesitancy and doubt closing in her mind as she took his phone.

"Tell him to come to our club tonight."

"What exactly are you planning this time?" Soo-ji snapped at him, her eyebrows furrowed so deep in the creases of her forehead as she glowered at him.

Chanyeol simply shrugged his shoulders at her, "I just thought a nice little romantic reunion would be sweet."

"If you think I would call him just for him to fall into your trap, then no can do, I'm not doing it."

"Do you think you have a choice?" Chanyeol jibed at her maliciously. "You're not quite in the position to bargain and negotiate."

"Oppa..." Taehee muttered barely above a whisper, trying to ease the tension in the air around them awkwardly.

Soo-ji, meanwhile, stood grounded on the spot as she attempted to bottle down the anger building up inside her body. Her fingers wrung around the switchblade and phone so hard that the numbing pain was reminding her to keep it together.

Chanyeol confused the hell out of her.

Only a few minutes ago, their conversation contained of the usual banter and tease. He even taught her how to stab someone, for crying out loud. And now? His behaviour took a three-sixty spin and he reclined back into his egotistical mean self where his cold personality completely diminished his hot one.

"Fucking bipolar." Soo-ji cursed under her breath.

"Yeah, I am." Chanyeol spat, "how are your parents doing?"

Biting hard on the inside of her cheek to stop herself from spitting out a snarky remark, she grudgingly took his phone and dialled Yoongi's number. Her angry stare remained on Chanyeol, hoping the daggers shooting out of them would actually stab him to death.

The ringing in the phone against her ear made her stomach coil in anxiety like a snake clenching its body into a tight ball. Her heart hammered harder against her chest with each passing second.