Chapter 6

Later that week we were getting ready for spring break. The after school program was having an Easter Egg Hunt. Cliché,especially for high school students but we'd thought it'd be fun. Shai couldn't make it so it was only me, Lorenzo and Kenzie, it was usually just us, especially for after school activities. The small plastic eggs were filled with paper slips. Each slip said "flip flops" or "hand sanitizer" and other small give aways. Only one egg contained a slip that read "pizza party". My team which consisted of Lorenzo, Kenzie and myself, called our selfs the losing team because we were so good at losing. It was extremely ironic because we won.

"Wait for me I gotta take a piss."

"TMI Lorenzo." Kenzie shouted back

"Hey Kenz, I think I like Enzo." We were sitting on the table outside the boys bathroom. I was sure he couldn't hear us but I still whispered.

"No way"

"Don't be so sarcastic"

"Okay okay. Are you gonna tell him?"

"Are you insane ?! I'd like to live, or at least not die of heart failure!"

"So Enzo huh?"

At that moment he walked out the bathroom wiping his hands on his pants.

"What about me?"

"Oh Joc-"

"Nothing" I cut her off. "So pizza then my place?"

After getting to the small apartment I lived in we sat in my room, and took numerous pictures. My brother called Kenzie and we followed her. She told me to stay so I stopped short causing Lorenzo to bump into me, grabbing my hips. I spun around and his warm and sweaty hands still had a firm grip on me. My blood rushed and I felt my face get hot. Lorenzo had a huge impact on me since we met. He was so amazing. For a moment I was lost in his grip, that was until Kenzie pushed me and slammed me into him. She had to go and Enzo and I agreed it'd be weird if it was only us, especially after our encounter. I walked Kenzie to the train station and Lorenzo to the ave so he could meet a friend. When I got back to the apartment and settled down my phone rang. I answered without looking at who it was.

"Can I go back to you?"

The voice was familiar. I knew it was Lorenzo.

"Uh yeah."

"Okay wait outside. I'm on my way."

"Alright"

"Alright"

Within two minutes he was at my door. We sat in the hall way together. He ended up staying until after eight. My parents offered to take him home but he took the van instead. My motherly instinct kicked in as he was leaving.

"Be careful. Text me when you get home."

"Alright"

"Don't forget!"

"I wouldn't dream of it."

"Alright."

"Alright."

I watched him walk down the block until I lost his silhouette in the darkness.