Chapter 9

Red's POV

"Yes. Did you drink Scotch?" I nod and uncork the bottle of Scotch "I did." I sniff the bottle and recall drinking it. "But there were only two people that had access to the bottle. And I'm one of them."

"Who was the other?" I widen my eyes "No, it can't be."

Flashback

Dembe uncorks the bottle of Scotch and poured it into a glass, he handed it to Red

Red swallowed the Scotch and exhaled "There's a traitor in the family. I intend to find them."

Marvin looked at me "Raymond, are you okay?" I hear Elizabeth's voice "Red, talk to me. Who poisoned you?"

I click the phone shut "That can't be."

 Baz knocked on the door "Mr

 Baz knocked on the door "Mr. Reddington, is something wrong?"  I turn and look up at him, my blue gray eyes wide

 "Find Dembe. Now."

.....................................

"Dembe?! Your own loyal bodyguard poisoned you?!" Liz exclaimed. Red nodded "I share your confusion, Elizabeth. I too am having a hard time believing it."

------

Aram is in his home, showering. Janet, his girlfriend, startles him and joins him. Aram smiled "Oh my god." he laughed "Don't do that."

Janet giggled "What? This?"

"Mmm No, that's - that's fine. Wait, how'd you get in?"

"You left the front door unlocked, silly."

"I did?"

"Mhm."

"I swear I locked it. Wait, I know I locked it." Aram grabbed a towel

"You're so paranoid." Aram sighed "Just, uh, I'll be right back."

Someone grabs Aram from behind. Janet is worried "Aram? Aram? Aram, you okay?"

Aram is bound to the floor, his mouth is duct-taped shut. Janet sees Dembe holding a gun. She gasps "Oh my god."

"Be still. Don't make a sound."

-------

Ressler comes to the scene. Samar arrived "What happened? Where's Aram?"

"We're still piecing it together. We've got a 9-1-1 call. Neighbors reported pounding on the walls."

"Pounding?"

"Yeah, we found her bound and gagged in the closet."

"Found who?" Samar saw Janet and angrily grabbed her "What have you done with Aram?" 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Ressler grabbed Samar "Easy. She's not a suspect here. She's a victim. One of the victims. They were together. Here."

........................