Chapter 5

We walked into the lobby and dad started checking us out. I knew it would take a while and I needed a cigarette to calm my nerves so I went outside and walked towards the car lighting a cigarette. I felt bad for yelling at him but I didn't like being called shorty or anything having to do with being short. It made me mad. I was down to the butt of the cigarette when dad came walking out of the hotel talking to Vic. I nearly screamed again but I kept myself calm and stood there getting on my phone and scrolling threw tumblr. I laughed out loud about a text post and looked up to see dad saying goodbye to Vic and the rest of the band then walking over to me with a piece of paper. "Here" he handed me the paper. "I know you have the pictures but I figured you would want there autographs. I screamed really really loud. He laughed and went over to the driver side car. I got into the passenger side and layed my head against the window. I was tired. I closed my eyes hoping to get more sleep when dad started the car and the music just blared from the speakers. I jumped and felt my heart racing. I was breathing hard. Dad laughed and turned it down. I put my head back against the window. I looked at the time and saw it was 9 in the morning. I sighed and closed my eyes and dozed off a little while later.

I woke up and it was just starting to get dark. I yawned and looked at my phone. It was 7:00 pm I groaned and sat up. I had a pounding headache. "Hey sh-Kacie" I chuckled. "You can call me that. It doesn't matter" he shrugged. "Okay well what do you want to eat. We still have a couple hours left to go and I'm hungry" I shrugged. "How about pizza?" He laughed. "Just like what I wanted" I rolled my eyes. "You probably always want pizza" he laughed again. "Just be quiet shorty" I frowned and stuck my tongue out at dad. He smiled and I decided to switch CDs. I grabbed my Bring Me The Horizon Cd out of my book bag and switched them. I turned the stereo up loud again and layed my head on the I was singing along when dad turned the radio down. "Where do you want to go to eat?" He asked. I shrugged. "I have no idea what pizza places are around here" "we don't have to get pizza. There's a golden coral not far from here" I jerked my head up. "Did you say golden coral? I LOVE GOLDEN CORAL" he laughed and I turned the radio back up. I checked my phone and still didn't have a message from Jerica. I figured she was with her cousin or didn't have WiFi. I sighed and set my phone down. I was singing along to sleepwalking when dad pulled into the golden coral parking lot. I smiled and turned the radio down so it didn't blare out this time. He chuckled and turned the car off. I grabbed my phone and we got out. He sighed and slammed his door. I jumped and turned to look at him. He lifted his phone to his ear. "Hello" he said in a mean voice. "Yes. I know we start tour Friday" I gulped. It was Wednesday so we only got to spend two days together then he would be leaving. I sighed and grabbed my phone. I was scrolling threw tumblr when dad sighed again and walked faster towards me. I put my phone in my back pocket and faked a smile at dad. He smiled back. "Who was that?" I asked. He shrugged. "Manager. He told me to get home soon so we could get ready for the tour" I sighed and looked down. "Whats wrong shorty?" He said chuckling. He opened the door and we both walked inside. "Well if your leaving Friday then we only get to spend two days together. And even then you probably wont be home a lot" he frowned. "The tours not that long. Plus if you want and Meagan doesn't care you can come with us and watch" I smiled and looked back up as we got in line. "Yes please" he laughed. "It's a deal" "I have one question though" "hm?" "Do you think we could drive through Colorado and I can stop and see Jerica?" He smiled and laughed. "Sure. I know you probably miss her a lot" I smiled. "Very very much" he chuckled. And grabbed a tray for us. "Then I'll try and make it happen. I promise" I smiled. "Thanks dad" I saw a smile pulling at his lips. I smiled and grabbed two straws. We got our drinks and walked to find a table. He sat our tray down and I saw some girls sitting across the room staring at us. I groaned and put my head down on the table. I heard dad chuckle. "Whats wrong shorty?" I laughed. "I think there's some fangirls over there" I said pointing. He laughed. "Oh well. I've spent to much time on this trip signing things for other people. I want to get to know my own daughter" I smiled and lifted my head up. "Well I'm an open book. Only a few things I wouldn't ever say"