Chapter Four: The Drinking Game

"You're serious?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

"Yeah, unless you don't want to," Michael said.

"No, I do. Just, can you guys go easy on me?" I asked. I didn't know what kind of drunk I was and I sure as hell didn't want to find out with my favorite band around me.

"Sure."

"Now, what game are we playing?" Ashton asked.

"Shots every time Luke's voice cracks in 'Monster Among Men'" you joked.

Everyone burst out laughing. "That's actually not a bad idea, Kayla," Calum agreed with you.

"Someone play the song and grab the vodka!" Luke yelled.

"Wait, you guys are joking right?" I asked. There were a lot of voice cracks in that song and I didn't want to have to take that many shots of vodka. After all, the alcohol content of one shot was more than that of three or four beers.

"You can do a shot, chaser, chaser, shot, chaser, chaser, and so on," Calum suggested.

"Okay. Do you guys have any pop?" They furrowed their eyebrows at me. "Soda?" I clarified.

Calum opened the fridge. "Diet Coke okay?"

I nodded and he handed me the bottle. Michael began filling up shot glasses and Calum helped him to speed up the process. Luke plugged his phone into the speaker and started to find the song. I couldn't believe I was really doing this.

"Ready?" Luke asked as you were all sitting in a circle in the living room with the filled shot glasses sitting on a tray and the bottle of vodka next to it so that they could refill the glasses if needed.

"Guys, wait," Ashton started. "I think we should make every other one a shot. We don't want to take more than like ten shots."

"Yeah, let's do every other one," Luke said.

"Damn, you guys are bitches," Michael said.

"Don't complain to us when you vomit all over yourself and can't even deal with light tomorrow, bro," Calum pointed out. I fought the urge to laugh.

Michael groaned. "Fine, I'll do every other."

"I'll just do every one," I said. "Shot, chaser, chaser as Calum suggested."

"Alright, can I play it now?" Luke asked. He waited a second. "I didn't hear a no, so here we go."

The first shot happened on the chorus when Luke sang oh no no. The alcohol burned your throat, but you knew you'd get reprieve from it at the the next crack. On the next two voice cracks, you took a sip of your Diet Coke. Then, you went back to a shot.

By the end of the song, there had been sixteen voice cracks in total. Which means, you had taken five shots and eleven sips of Diet Coke in total. The boys on the other hand, had taken a grand total of eight shots each.

"Truth or dare?" Calum suggested. "Or never have I ever?"

"Never have I ever," I answered.

"We're screwed," Luke said. I gave him a puzzled look. "We know everything about each other. You're gonna win, Kayla."

"Oh well," I said. "Who's starting?"

"I'll do it," Calum volunteered. We all held up five fingers. "Never have I ever been an American citizen."

I put a finger down. "That's not fair!" I whined.

"It's not meant to be fair, Kayla," Ashton laughed. "Okay, never have I ever competed in the Crossfit Games." Again you were the only one who put a finger down.

"Okay, let's stop ganging up on Kayla," Luke said.

"Thank you, Luke."

"Never have I ever played bass in 5 Seconds of Summer."

"You're a fucking asshole," Calum laughed while smiling and tucking his thumb in front of his palm.

"Never have I ever dated Arzaylea," Michael said.

"That was the dumbest mistake I ever made," Luke said as he put one finger down.

"Never have I ever been an Australian citizen," you said, smirking, and causing all four boys to put a finger down. You felt the alcohol starting to get to you because everything seemed funnier.

"That was mean," Calum said.

You just laughed. "Sorry."

You only had two fingers left when it got back around to you. "Never have I ever been on a date," I stated. Obviously these boys have all been on dates, so all four boys put a finger down.

"I'm out," Luke announced.

"Yeah, me too," Calum said.

"Never have I ever dated Crystal," Ashton said. Michael put his finger down as now he was out.

"Never have I ever played drums in 5SOS," I said, causing Ashton to put his last finger down as well.

I started to laugh hysterically. "What's so funny, Kayla?" Ashton asked.

"I just won never have I ever against 5SOS. This is the best day ever! Celebratory shot!"

"I think you've had enough, Kayla. We don't want you to get alcohol poisoning because it's like your first time drinking," Ashton said.

"Please, Ash," I pouted.

"You really haven't been on a date yet?" Calum asked.

"No, but I'd love to go on one with you," I slurred and walked closer to him, twirling my hair.

"Yeah, that's enough for one night," Luke said and grabbed my arm, pulling me up to my room while I tried to fight against him.

"I know I'm stronger than you. Why won't this work?" I whined.

"Because your drunk, Kayla. Go to sleep. You'll be stronger than me in the morning."

"Okay," I slurred and fell backwards on my bed. I closed my eyes just as Luke walked out of my room and closed the door.

A/N: I have no idea how to write drunk people because I'm eighteen and live in the US, so I've never had the experience of getting drunk. Anyways, what do you think about Kayla saying Calum can take her on a date? Also, don't forget to vote and comment!