(Prologue)

She screamed at the top of her lungs. Her heart pounded, as the lights in the room exploded leaving her, and the terrified Dr. Wilson. Breathing heavily, he took several steps back. She lifted her hand and everything in the room started to raise. The gravity had been reversed. Mugs, papers, pencils, even a computer were lifted into the air. She stepped closer to him, blood dripping down her nose. She glared at Dr. Wilson. The room was silent except his heavy breathing. "Papa," She whimpered. She made a dash for the door. "Hey. Hey! No! Eighteen, come back here!" He exclaimed. She had already made it out the door when she realized how  busy this city was. Footsteps grew louder inside the lab, so she started running. Tears streaming down her face, she naturally sprinted down the street. 

Finally finding a place to stay in the park, 18 hid under a bench. She sniffled a few times. Then closed her eyes, and expected to fall asleep. She heard a meow, and her eyes grew wide with terror. Looking around, she gripped her self, and soon found a scrapped up, stray cat. She sucked her breath in, and got out from under the bench. She saw the cat, and even though she wanted to run away, her feet pushed her forward. The cat hissed and lept forward. 18 stumbled backwards and fell on the ground, panting. The cat held up a clawed paw, and sliced down on 18 arm. She yelped in pain and, held out her hand. The cat slowly floated from the ground, meowing in distress. 18's arm stretched out to the nearest tree, and the cat flew into that direction, then slammed into the tree. It got up, dazed and confused. 18 looked at the cat, then to her wrist, then to the cat. She grew angry, and stretched out her hand again, but his time, then cat's back was slowly dropping to the ground.The cat fell to his stomach, not finding the ability to stand anymore. She was making gravity do her bidding- by squishing the cat into the ground. Then, shouting quickly grew from the street, and 18 ran, fearing it was one of the lab employees. The only thing following her was the blood dripping from her nose and wrist.  

Author's note: 

Okay, so here's the idea. Hawkins lab was one of many stretched out across the US. This one in particular is in San Francisco.