003

18 woke up abruptly, panting, and sweat rolling down her forehead. Wiping it off,  she noticed she couldn't find Justin. She stood up and looked around the room. "Justin?!" She called, her worry rising. Justin poked his head into the door. 

"Yeah, Teen?" He buttoned up a striped polo as he continued, "Sorry, I was delivering newspapers. I do that every other week. Anyway, have to go to school. But, I  ask Bently if you could come too, and he said yes. Also, I asked Carol, that one high-school girl down the street if I can borrow some clothes and she let me, so-" 18 shot him a confused look, "School?" She wondered. Justin nodded, "We could pretend your a new student." 

"Pretend?" 18 was hopelessly lost, so Justin realized he had to explain much slower. "Okay," He drew a breath in, "School is where you get educated. You learn things. You can act like you're from a foreign country and don't speak that well. So you don't have to talk much." Nodding her head, 18 now understood. "Just follow my lead when we heat there, okay?" 

18 and Justin took their seats. 18 looked around the room. Each one of the students stared right at her. Whispers  involving the new student submerged the room. Then, silence fell when the teacher, Mr. Millers, walked into the door. 18's attention was drawn to him. He was tall, with a small goatee, and short brown hair. His strong, yet trusting green eyes were filled with surprise when he saw 18. 

"Well, well," he cheerfully said, "It seems we have a new student." Justin stood up, and spoke, "Yes, sir. Her name's Morgan, and.....uh, I think she's from...some distant country. Anyway, she doesn't speak much, and I was instructed to show her around." He lied. Mr. Millers slowly nodded, "Well, It's a pleasure, Morgan." With a sigh that Mr. Millers believed it, Justin sat down. 

Suddenly, a strange tall man with a suit and a clipboard walked in. "I need to see the new exchange student, please." His voice was surprisingly high-pitched. Justin could tell something was fishy about this. Someone knew 18 wasn't the real exchange student, so Justin jumped up from his seat, "I'll come with you-I was told to show her around." He impulsively said. Justin pulled 18 out of her seat before the strange man could argue. 

In the hall, the man eyed both of them. "This is really just a meeting between me and her, but thanks, kid." The man seemed like he was trying to smile, but his lips slowly curled into a creepy half-smirk. The teacher came out of the classroom, "Justin! You're lab partner needs you." Not wanting to disobey the teacher, he walked into the classroom after shooting 18 a scared look and mouthing the words, 'Right back.' 

The man looked at 18, his strange smile fading. "I know were you're from. And I'm taking you back, 18." He grabbed her wrist, and attempting to pull her out of the hallway, she recognized him finally. He was a lab worker, and one of the worst. He was the one who usually forced her to use her powers even when she didn't want to. "No!" She screamed, trying to pull her scarred wrist away. She resorted to the only other thing she knew how to do. She lifted her arms, lifting everything else in the room, including the lab worker. Justin, running into the hallway, saw everything floating. His face became twisting in an emotion of horror, and seeing Justin upset made her do the other thing she hasn't done yet that she knows how to do. Well. She bolted down the other end of the hallway. "Wait!" Justin called. The man called for both of them, but for 18, it was just white noise she didn't want to hear.