Chapter 16: Harper Curls her Hair

Zoey is the bestest! (Zoey's POV)

"Happy Birthday to who? Happy Birthday in the loo! Your breakfast is fondue! Happy Birthday to Boo!" I sang happily to the tune of the normal birthday song as Harper grumbled and squinted her eyes open.

"Why am I waking up on the bathroom floor?" Harper asked sitting up and rubbing her head.

Okay! So I might have hit her head a couple of times dragging her in here. Whatever.

"Duh! So the song would make sense!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the kitchen.

"Wala!" I shouted gesturing wildly to the fondue on the counter. "Birthday breakfast!"

"Oh god. This is why I don't let you choose our breakfast every morning." Harper grumbled but still happily shoved chocolate-covered items into her mouth. Fruit and shit. You know, fondue stuff.

After Harper had successfully gotten chocolate all over herself, I shoved her into the bathroom and demanded that she shower. I was in and out of the bathroom multiple times making sure I had out all the things I would need today.

Finally Harper was clean so I told her to put on a bra and underwear and meet me in the living room. I skipped to the living room and picked up the first item on my "Harper's Birthday Surprise" list.

Harper walked out and froze.

"Surprise!"

****5 minutes of arguing later****

"I still don't see why I would want to put that on." Harper said staring at the dress in my hands.

"Because it's your birthday and I'm your best friend and I said so!" I said sternly trying to get the stubborn girl into the dress. "Put it on!"

"But I don't-" she started to protest but I already had it over her body and quickly zipped it up.

"Perfect!" I squealed.

It was a short, strapless peach dress with a fitted top and a poofy skirt. I grabbed the matching peach heels and Harper shook her head quickly.

"No, no, no. I don't think so-"

I simply tripped her and shoved the shoes onto her feet.

"You're a bitch." She grumbled.

"Thank you. I try." I grinned grabbing her hand and dragging her to the bathroom again. Not even kidding. She literally plopped onto the ground so I had to drag her there.

"I still don't know why you are doing this!" She cried exasperated as I plugged in the curling iron and waited for it to heat up.

"Because, Boo. This is your birthday and I'm going to make you feel like a princess." I said slowly so her tiny brain could take in all the words without an issue.

"Ugh!"

Soon, I had her hair all curled up and hanging loosely on her shoulders. I put mascara on her and some pink lipstick, but that was it.

"You look stunning!" I exclaimed looking her up and down.

"It's so poofy!" She said spinning around and watching the skirt of her dress flop about.

"I can't help but think I'm forgetting something..." I said glancing around and trying to jog my memory. "There!"

I quickly snatched the item off the mantle and placed it on Harper's head.

"Every princess needs a tiara." I grinned.

Harper reached up and felt the tiara. It wasn't big. Just a few fake diamonds set in metal that was shaped all elegant-like.