The Background

'Sunday morning rain is falling', I sang loudly as I opened the bathroom door after taking a shower.

"It's not raining and it's not a Sunday so get dressed quickly and eat something before leaving for school!", shouted my Mom from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back. I wear my Boy London crop top along with a simple black high waisted shorts, snatch up my limited edition Chanel backpack, Vans and socks with a cute cartoon character before running down the stairs.

"What's up dear mother." I said as I put a spoonful of cereal in my mouth while putting my socks on.

My mom stares at me in astonishment before speaking up. "I guess you've realized that you're running a bit late?"

"Yeah. Can you hand me the keys please." She hands me keys indeed but not the keys I wanted. "Mom, the keys to my motorcycle not my car."

"Darling you're wearing shorts."

"But I want to ride my motorcycle." I did my best on putting on a puppy face.

"But I want you to ride your car." My mom pouts back. "Now go."

"Ugh. Fine." I take the keys and leave the house for school.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey there hot stuff."

"Ew, Janine. Please. You're a girl." I reply to her flirty comment. She bumps my shoulder and laughs.

"I'm stopping, don't worry." She replies with a beaming smile. I sigh.

"What is it? Shoot." I tell her.

"What's what?" She asks me still with a goofy smile on her face.

"I know you know something so spit it out and let's be serious." I pause in front of my locker and cross my arms.

"Okay, okay. So, I heard this rumor that Cams is courting you for awhile now and you still haven't answered him." All seriousness suddenly took over Janine's smiling face.

You see, Cams---a.k.a Camry Milestone the Basketball Jockey slash Ace---has been indeed courting me. And I tell you, he is one handsome hottie who is fed with a golden spoon. (that means rich, in case you don't know)

"And so?" I reply.

"And so?! Really Amy? Really?" She exclaims wildly.

"Janine. For Christ's sake, you of all people know how my family is like---"

"And so?!" She says. "Amy, I also know that you've had 2 boyfriends---" I cup her mouth with my hand stopping her from saying anything further.

"Shut your trap Janine. I don't consider them as anything more than aquaintances that helped me realize that online courting is a big no no." I tell her. I then remove my hand from her mouth.

"Ugh. My lipstick came off. Well anyway, you went through all that without your parents knowing, so what's with being a buzz-kill?" She tells me irritably.

"I don't know." I say.

"You don't know?" She asks me.

"I know! Ugh. Just know that I'm entering this without those 'feelings' or 'falling in love' or whatever you call those dumb things. I'm here for the experience." I tell her along with the hope that she'll stop me for doing this.

"Bitter much. Well anyway, does that mean you're gonna answer him?" She asks me with a beaming smile.

I scoff. "Excuse you. After what I said?! Why are you so into me answering him anyway?" I was flailing my arms around like a madman but still. If it was you, you'd do the same because who on earth would agree to you entering a fake relationship?!