chapter one

Hi everyone.. Here's *Places I'd Rather Be* hope u guys enjoy it.
I have full copyrights on this story so pls if u see anyone anywhere recopying this please let me know.

Please don't forget to vote n leave positive, encouraging and helpful feedback.. Thanks I'll appreciate that.♥

Well... Here we go..🙌🙌

×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×
#unedited#

   Jazz!! That's how my friends call me.. But  Jasmine Houston's my birthname. I'm twenty and studying the banking and management field in the university of New York. I'm a native, that is, I'm an American but with black blood n a café latte skin complexion..... Trying to get u understand I'm half cast. Mom's a black from Cameroon and dad.. Well he's a nervous white.

At the moment, I'm trying to do my last arrangements for my trip tomorrow morning.

I'm going to Cameroon to see my mom. Yeah sure u guys are asking yourselves how but my parents are divorced. Since 12 years now... Causing my mom to.leave the US, and my asshole of a dad won't allow us to see ourselves or get in contact. He declined every offer for her to see me or me going to see her since he had full custody on me. Well now I'm independent and can go without his permission but i still preferred to keep this travel a secret since he could do anything in his will for me not go there. I'll surely be back before he is from his business trip in Brazil and even if he's aware then, the most important is I'd have already gone n done what i had to do..

"Ding,Dong" the doorbell rang.. I'm not expecting anyone.. Who can this be ??
"Ow.." I say to myself realising no one's at the door when i open it. I check my sides and still, there's no one..  Anyone playing me a prank ??
I almost close the door when the bouquet of tulips laying beautifully on the floor catch my eyes.

I gently pick it up n close the door behind me, humming thier beautiful scent.. I pick the card on them and a frown instantly spreads across my face once i read the content of the note and who it is from.

**babe, i don't like what's happening to us at the moment. I miss that ass of yours and i know u miss mine too. Let's discuss about this n move on. I'm at your parking*
"Derrick!! " i said bitterly as i finished reading the badly handwritten note.

I quickly grabbed my jacket n flip-flops.. Closing the door behind me as i walked towards the lift. I wasn't going down there to discuss anything with that fool, but to throw this flowers at his face n warn him never to dare such nonsense.

I hurrily got out of the lift and walked out of the building, hugging my jacket around me as the night breeze caressed my skin. I spotted him leaning on his black range rover, with a cigarette in between his fingers as usual.

"Babe" he said approaching me for a hug.
"Stop there" "and get this fucking flowers of yours" I said throwing them at him "and never you dare try such nonsense again..."
"Or else what ?" He cut me off.. Approaching me with his stupidly handsome grin on his face,

His lips were dangerously close to mine, inches apart and in no second his lips were all over mine, His hands travelling every valley of my back. Foolish dumb idiot i was i gave in and kissed him back. I know, i know y'all thinking I'm a loser or whatever but damn! I missed it. Those grey eyes always make me melt, they've always had this effect and that's why he keeps on duping me. That's why he'll keep on manipulating and cheating on me, and I'll always give in..give in to go through the same drama, same story.. Nothing ever changes. I think i deserve better than such treatment. I've got enough of that shit.

"Stop !!" I said pushing him away.
"I'm tired of this" i said pointing at both of us "I'm tired of this same story and no change. You lied to me. You always lie to me" i said hitting his chest "you such a ....fucken.... bas..."
"Babe"
"Don't babe me" "don't !"
"I'm tired of u.. U and i is inexistent! It's over. " "don't call me cause i won't pick and don't come around searching for me 'cause I'll definitely not be there to hear your lies." "3rd time Derrick. 3rd time u cheat on me . u're never satisfied. What don't i give to u or sacrifice for u ? Yet u do that to me"
"U know what.." I continued tears already flooding my eyes "just forget we ever existed, just forget about the years we ever spent together cause they seemingly meant nothing to u. So move on with ur life like I'm doing with mine."
With that, i walked away from him. Just when i was about to get into the building he shouted "where are u going to ? I can explain"
"Seriously ? Aren't you tired of saying that ? Fuck that talk " i said entering the building and into the lift. I really needed to.make things clear. You have to cut off that toxic person from ur life to.move on and be happy. It's not a fatality but the end of the person's role in your story, opening of a new chapter in my life.    At the moment, i just want to forget about him and set negative  energy aside. All what matters now I how I'm gonna enjoy this night with Holly.

************************************

Hey hey hey 😊
How was this one ?
Well hope u enjoyed it
This one's 950 words and above will try to make something longer nxt time 👻
And please don't forget to vote n comment ♥ (positive feed back please) 😉😊
Leslie ❤