12. Nobody Would Care

M I N G Y U

M I N G Y U

Nobody Would Care

“You told me that you like to bake and cook, didn't you?” Wonwoo asked one day, head resting on my shoulder.

“I did. Why?” I asked.

“I'm hungry.” He grinned at me, I couldn't help but grin back.

He stood up and pulled me from sitting on the bed. Suddenly, we were walking side by side to the kitchen, occasionally glancing at each other.

“Everyone's asleep. We can do whatever we want.” Wonwoo smiled at me, holding my hand.

I smiled back.

We reached the kitchen and the smell of flour perked me up.

“Let's do this.”

I gave Wonwoo a whisk and a bowl, pointing at the wet and dry ingredients on the table.

“You have to mix these things without spilling any of it.” I told him carefully. He nodded and I opened the cabinet to look for any other ingredients we could use.

When I looked back, I saw Wonwoo doing the opposite of what I told him to do.

Egg yolks are all over the place, flour filled the air, and he had a piece of an egg shell on his hair. He looked at me innocently, and I tried to contain a smile.

“What are you doing?” I asked him, taking the whisk from his hand.

“I told you! I'll only bring chaos to any kitchen I'd go to.” He smiled cheekily before sitting down on a stool and just settled on watching me do the baking.

When I finished baking the cupcakes, I called him to help me put frosting on it. He giggles before taking a pastry bag from me.

A few moments, he showed me a cupcake.

On it, a poorly written M shines under the light.

I laughed.

“Hey, don't you think the W is inverted?” I laughed again, and he only frowned at me.

“That's an M actually.”

“An M for what?”

“Mingyu.”

And I was lost again.

. · • ⚫❄⚫• · .