Home

As the 2 years went by, the rift between the two best friends had greatly opened up. Since Rei arrived to the Hidden Rain village, Zero and him had been completely separate aside from the missions they've completed together. One was always on a mission while the other stayed to care for Hiroaki. While they were both gone, it was usually because Konan wanted to spend quality time with her son, even when she hadn't admitted to being the mother. As of right now, Zero was packing up to return to the Dark Kingdom for the coming of age ceremony as she had finally turned 15. "Do you plan on coming back?" Pein asked as he stared at the young girl.

"5 years ago, I declared war on the Hidden Leaf village. My young mind hadn't comprehended nor understood what war really meant. We would cause much damage to those between nations, which in turn, will bring more hatred into the world. My people could very well hate me for starting a war that could kill their loved ones." Zero bowed before Pein, "Thank you for opening my eyes about true pain. I will return home to conquer peace between the Dark and the Leaf. Shall you need my help in any way, please send word. I will come running to aid you as you've aided me these past years."

"What about Hiroaki?" Pein suddenly asked. "Will you take him with you?"

Zero's eyes widened at the thought then smiled deeply. "He's not mine to take. I shall leave Rei and Hiroaki in your care." Without much more to say, Zero left Pein's office with a heavy heart. In truth, she hadn't told Rei nor Hiroaki that was leaving the Akatsuki to go back home. She had watched Rei, Konan, and Hiroaki grow close together that she would never forgive herself if she were to take the child away from his mother once again. Zero entered the living area to see the family of 3 playing together once again. Konan spotted Zero looking her way and excused herself from the other two before approaching her.

"Can we talk?" Konan ask. Zero stared at Konan before following the other female to a secluded part of the base. "I know you're leaving." She started, "I wanted to say thank you. I got to know my son because of you and you really did a great job raising him. I've come to ask if you'd take him with you." Zero was surprised to hear the words coming from Konan's mouth. "I don't think I will reveal to him that I am his mother."

Zero smiled sadly as she placed her hand on Konan's shoulder. "I was adopted into the royal family because Daiki killed my biological parents. I hate him at first, but I soon realized that was a mistake. He loved me unconditionally and gave me everything he had. What I am saying is, you should tell him. Hiroaki deserves to know how much his mother loves him." With that said, Zero exited the base and started the long journey home.

Konan returned to Rei with a long face. "What is it?" He asked as he stopped playing with his son to tend to his ex-lover. Frowning, Rei instantly knew what she was thinking. Smiling, Rei bent down to his son and pointed to Konan, "Hiroaki, that's your mother." Konan was surprised to hear the words come out of Rei's mouth. She was certain that he never wanted Hiroaki to find out. She was also convince that he was only being nice to her under Zero's orders.

"I know." Hiroaki smiled brightly. This shocked both Rei and Konan. Before they could even question him, Hiroaki continued. "Zero always left when mommy would come around."

"Hiroaki," Konan smiled as she bent down to the child's height. "I love you, Hiroaki. But Zero is your mommy. She took care of you when she didn't have to. She made sure to keep you safe and tuck you in at night. Rei, go to her. She went home for her coming-of-age ceremony." Rei widened his eyes in shock. Without thinking, Rei turned tail and started running after the girl he loves. Konan looked at his uncertain child, "Go after her, Hiroaki." Though it was hard, she watched her son leave her once again. With a smile on her face, Konan retreated to Pein's office.

Rei ran as fast he could to catch up to Zero. Nothing else was on his mind as he ran towards the Dark Kingdom. Hot on his heels, Hiroaki followed his father. He had heard so much about the Dark kingdom from Zero and Rei that he was excited to have finally be able to go there himself. Rei could see his 5-year-old running closely behind from his peripheral vision. "I am picking up speed, can you keep up, Hiroaki?" Rei shouted as he continued to run. Without answering, Hiroaki laughed as he passed up his father. During the 2 years he was in the Akatsuki, he never once slacked on his training. Hiroaki trained hard with the Akatsuki members and made sure to learn everything he could from each and every one of them. Rei smirked slightly as he ran with his son, showing him the way towards their true home.

With fast speed and strong endurance, Zero managed to turn her 5 day trip into 3. As she neared the castle gates, guards were surprised to see her. Kneeling before the princess, Zero ignored them as she pushed open the doors to her home. Strutting down the endless hallways, Zero knew exactly where to go. "Welcome home, Princess Zero." Itsuki smiled as he saw the princess enter the throne room.

"You're late." Daiki mused, "You were supposed to be here yesterday." Daiki snapped his fingers and 3 maid came running in with their heads down low. "Get the princess ready for her coming-of-age ceremony." The maid all nodded their head as they shoved the princess to the nearest bathroom.

"She's home, my lord." Itsuki stated as he stared where the princess once stood.

"Yes, but where is Rei?" Daiki narrowed his eyes in thought. When he last saw his daughter 5 years ago, she and Rei were inseparable. He had a hard time keeping them out of the same bedroom, now she shows up without him. Daiki stood from his throne and looked out the nearby window. "Itsuki, gather a team and find Rei. He may be near."