3

I was peacefully walking on the street with my hands in my pockets. It was pretty chilly outside and even though the neighbourhood is lively there weren't many people walking around.

While I was walking I  suddenly thought of the dream I had just a while ago. 

It was something that happened years ago, on a warm spring day. I was only 6 at that time but I still remember every detail, every little thing that may seem insignificant to others. I remember everything as if it happened yesterday. 

My family and I went on a picnic and It will always remain one of my favorite days spent together with my precious mom, dad and brother. 

I still remember my wish as well..

'I wish for me, mommy, daddy and huggy bear oppa to always be together'

I smiled upon remembering the way I used to call Seokjin oppa.

However, as much as I wanted.. my wish didn't come true.

Our 'always' was way shorter than I expected. 

"Mom, dad.. Wherever you are right now,"I looked up in the starry sky "Know that I think about you every day and I miss you, I miss you a lot." I felt tears building up in my eyes.

'We will always be with you, no matter what. That's what parents are for.'

"I will never forget your promise.." I smiled through the tears that were already falling down my cheeks "Even though that promise didn't last for long as well, I know that you are here with me, not physically, but spiritually."

*FLASHBACK*

While I was in the living room of our neighbour aunt Jiwoo, playing with her cute kitty Snow, I heard knocking on the front door.

"Auntyy someone knocked on the door, my parents must be back!" I said to aunt Jiwoo who was currently preparing something in the kitchen.

"Dear, don't open to strangers! It could be anyone!" She shouted from the kitchen.

"I will check who it is before opening!" I said whilst rushing to the door.

I was too excited to see my parents and brother. After lunch they went to pick up Seokiin oppa from the library since it started raining heavily and there was no way for him to come back home. It was already time for dinner and I was wondering where they went for so long.

I looked through the peephole and smiled widely when I saw my big brother before opening the door.

"Seokjinie oppa!" I said and went to hug him but noticed he was completely drenched.

"Why are you so wet? Did mommy and daddy tell you to come here?" I asked after noticing they weren't here.

"Ri..." He said and I noticed his face that was filled with despair and sadness.

"M-Mom and d-dad.." He shuttered and I saw tears in his eyes "They are.. g-gone," He said whilst gulping.

"What do you mean gone? Why are you crying oppa? Did they go somewhere after they dropped you off back home?" I kept throwing questions but he wouldn't answer.

"Aria, who is it? Is it your parents?" I heard aunt Jiwoo coming closer.

"Oh my, Seokjin, dear! Why are you drenched? Get in or you will catch a cold while staying there!" She quickly pulled him inside and closed the door.

"What happened? Where are your parents?" She asked with confusion evident on her face.

"Auntie.." he said "I couldn't do anything." Tears were rolling down his cheeks.