Running home

It had been over two years and I finally was made a Grim Reaper. I was placed under the care of a man named Grell Sutcliff. He wasn't like all the other reapers, instead he wore a red suit and flirted with any living thing, he never followed the rules and broke them when he had the chance.

When I wasn't working beside Grell, I was doing paperwork for William T. Spears. William was a well dressed man and had many rules that I was to follow. He wanted everything in a certain place and wanted me at work on time. If I was even a second late I had overtime.

Besides working with them I spent most of my afternoons hanging out with Ronald. Ronald was one of my greatest and only friends. Ever since I woke up as a Grim Reaper he helped me understand what was happening.

My only problem with them was they wouldn't give me one answer to the question I needed most. Who am I? When I woke up I had no memory of my past life. All I was told was my name was Violet and I was a Grim Reaper. Anytime I asked about my past they simple changed the subject. It was almost like they where scared for me to know the truth.

Sometimes when I would sleep I would dream of a mansion with bushes in front. A dog chasing a boy, while a woman tripped over everything. I spent most of my time in the kitchen with a man and when I wasn't with him, I was in the garden with a man in a suit and white gloves. I never could see their faces, but I knew them somehow. I knew that if I could learn who they where..... I might know who I am.

"Hey Vi! We got a job!" Ronald yelled as he ran up to me.

"What is the job?" I asked softly.

"Grell wants us to see if it is time to reap a man named..... Tanaka."

"Tanaka..... alright let's go." I said as I walked away from him.

Tanaka..... I know that name, but from where. We arrived at the man's residence and it felt like I was in a dream. Outside was a boy getting chased by a dog. I watched the boy knock over some bushes and felt myself laugh as he rushed to put them up. I heard glass shatter and saw a girl on the ground. I smiled as she was helped up by the boy and a man in a suit and white gloves come out and shake his head.

"You alright Vi?" Ronald asked touching my shoulder.

"Yea.... let's watch them for awhile." I said quietly.

As the days past I watched them with Ronald. It became fun and I started to feel like I knew them more and more, until finally I saw him. I watched as a guy with dirty blonde hair and turquoise eyes walk through the garden. He stopped in front of a bush of purple roses and picked one before going to the back. I followed him and I hid as I saw him go to a grave.

"Two years..... you have been gone for a whole two years and..... I still can't get over it. Over you. You where the most important thing in my life..... I miss you so much." He said as tears streamed down his face.

He put the rose in front of the grave and set in front of it.

"Finny is getting better with cutting the bushes, and Mey-Rin is still clumsy...... I stopped using my flamethrower, that was a struggle." He said with a chuckle.

I felt a smile appear on my face as I listened to him talk.

"Tanaka is sick...... we don't know how long he will be with us..... he talks about you all the time, it kills the young master...... Lord Phantomhive won't admit it, but he misses you.... so does Sebastian. Hasn't been the same without you..... without your laugh.... your smile...... I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry I could protect you.... I always promised that I would protect you but I didn't.... I'm sorry." He said as tears streamed down his face.