Chapter 1

March 23rd of the year 2015, it was the Graduation Day of Hamilton High School.

Many families and students were so happy. There were picture takings everywhere, huge smiles and laughter can be heard from the graduating students.

One of these happy students are Chelle and Joseph. Chelle and Joseph have known each other since elementary.

They were the best of friends and their families were too until that friendship turned into something more when Joseph confessed about how much he loves Chelle.
The two became lovers and exactly on the same day of their graduation is their 2nd Anniversary. 

"Happy Anniversary, love. It's been two years yet my feelings for you just keep getting stronger, Seph had said. Chelle smiled and said

"Happy Anniversary too, love. I feel the same way too."

The couple then prepared to leave for they will be having a graduation dinner with their families.

As they were in the restaurant, Chelle and Joseph with their families were having so much fun during dinner. They had talks and laughs about their elementary and high school memories which they could not forget.

Then Joseph's mother turned to ask Chelle

"What are you planning to take up in college dear?"

Chelle smiled and politely answered that she and Joseph were planning to go to a medical school and take up nursing. Joseph's mother suddenly fell silent, she just smiled at her and looked at her son meaningfully with the smile gone.

Later after dinner, Joseph asked Chelle to go out and stay at the restaurant's garden. The two of them sat on the bench while hugging each other.

She was enthusiastically telling Joseph about what could happen when they take up nursing, what would happen after they graduate, pass the board, and have a family.

Joseph on the other hand was just silent. She noticed so she asked "Hey, what's wrong?" Joseph looked at her and said "I have something to tell you" she gave her a nod, a silent signal for him to continue.

"I'm sorry".

Chelle wondered why her boyfriend was saying sorry. She had no idea what the sorry is for so she asked him why and his response shook her entire world.

Four words was all it took to take away the happiness she had felt moments ago when he said,

"I'm entering the seminary"

She was shocked, stunned to silence.

Then she remembered the stare his mom gave to him and then it finally clicked, this is what his parents want for him.

She felt her heart breaking piece by piece.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO THEM?

Of all the couples, why would they have to go through this? And then as everything dawned on her. She started crying and crying, Joseph hugged her.

He whispered sweet nothings to her and she wanted to argue that NO, everything was not okay.

He's about to be a priest. The love of her life has to swear to chastity and where does that leave her?

She broke out of her reverie when she finally heard a voice calling her name.

"CHELLE!!! CHELLE!! say something please", he pleaded.

She laughed humorlessly, " Is there even anything left here to say? They want you to be a priest, so that means we have to break up so tell me Seph, if you were me, would you have anything to say?!?!".

A few tears had managed to escape her eyes again. He couldn't take the sight of the love of his life hurting like that. So he hugged her to him. She tried pulling away, he wouldn't let her go. At that moment he knew, he can't let her go.

He slightly moved away from her, not completely letting her go and looked into her red and tear-stained face and put as much conviction in his voice as he can when he said

"WE ARE NOT BREAKING UP. WE CANT OKAY? WE WONT".

Seeing his sincerity and love, she hugged him and they stayed caressing each other for a few moments.

She was the one to break the silence when she asked, "So what now?", he looked at her and smiled " Don't worry, we can make it work"

So then the couple decided to be together in secret. Being extra careful on their meet ups and cherishing every single moment they get to be together.

It was quite hard considering how Seph is now attending the seminary but somehow they had made it work because they believed that love conquers all.

They managed to make it work for two years. Until Chelle, who was studying to be a nurse, had to go through internships and however they tried; they're scheds just don't match and there was little  to no time for them at all.

In that time when they were rocky. Joseph had stayed cool and believed that things will just sort out itself.

Chelle on the other hand, had been recounting everything they have sacrificed and everything that they have had and every little thing she had missed.

She later realized that she wasn't happy with this type of set up anymore and so by the time that they were able to plan to meet. She was determined.

He, on the other hand, had just thought that finally he'd get to see and spend time with his love again. They had done as usual; watch a movie, have arcade and have dinner.

But out of the blue, Chelle requested they go to Plaza Independencia so they went.

They quietly just sat on a bench holding hands with comfortable silence.

When she took her hand away from him, stood in front of him and heaved a deep sigh.

He knew that something was up, so he looked at her expectantly.

"Seph, I cant do this anymore. Im tired with this type of set-up already"

and she proceeded to tell him of how she was tired of their circumstance and how she just wanted a normal love story like anyone else.

A love she can brag about to people. A love where she doesn't have to be afraid, where there was no hiding involved.

He just sat there silently, looking at the woman he loved, seeing the lines on her eyes and the stress all these must've brought her.

It hurt him, more so in knowing that it was him that had caused all that. He stood up to his height and asked her

"Is that what you really want?".

She looked straight into his eyes though hers too glistened with unshed tears, she nodded and he knew that was it.

"I'm sorry"

she whispered, kissed him and walked away.