Untitled.

I walk into school on the first day of my senior year realizing that I am part of the oldest grade in the school. I take my computer to the office to get the WiFi. I say hi to Meghan and Darci on the way in. After I hit the office, I head to my locker half-way down senior hall.  I don't stop to talk to anyone on the way, I head straight for my locker. I grab my five-subject notebook, my planner, and a pencil and head off to first hour. We have a new teacher this year so it's all basically getting-to-know-you things. I hate the first day of school. I sit towards the middle of the classroom hoping no one will talk to me until after at least third hour, but I'm not so lucky. A tiny, red-headed girl comes up to me trying to make conversation. She says " Hi! My name is Jessica! I'm new here and I really don't know my way around. I do know that there's this circle thing that you have and my first class is here."

"What grade are you in Jessica? I don't think that Sophomores or Freshman are in this class." I say reluctantly.

" I'm a senior but I don't know where anything is. I just moved here last week and I just really need your help, please?"

Oh my gosh, she's going to keep bothering me if she doesn't get her way. " We have to get through this class before we get anywhere else." I said reluctant to even talk to this girl I didn't even know. I hate talking to people. I have very few close friends.

"Well then what time does this class start? Do I have time to eat breakfast or run to my locker?"

"Class starts at 8:10, and it's 7:55 right now. So yes, I would say that you would have a lot of time. Unless you really don't know your way around then you'll spend half of your time going around the circle at least twice before realizing that you went past the Abraham Lincoln picture twice." I suggest.

"So I would assume that I can eat breakfast in between classes. And if I keep it in my backpack it will be easy to carry."

"Actually, we aren't aloud to carry backpacks, so we need to put that back in your locker before class."

"Oh my goodness. I can't believe that! What did you say your name was?"

"Oh, um, my name is Taylah. But it's 8:00 right now so we should get to your locker." Oh my gosh I actually said my name it's official. She's going to follow you around all day. She's going to start posting about you on Instagram and everything. Let's face it shes already thinking that you're best friends. Just as I was thinking all of this I take a sharp turn out of the classroom and go the shortest way to senior hall. I stop in my tracks once I get past the bathrooms. I stare at Jessica and say "What is your locker number? I'll help you hold your supplies and iPad. Then I'll take you back to the classroom." Jessica opens her locker after a few tries, learning that this specific locker you need the exact number in order to open it. She makes a few annoyed sounds along the way back to the classroom.

"Taylah, can I sit by you in class? It would make me a lot more comfortable to sit by you. You were so kind to me by showing me my way around." Jessica pleads.

"I don't know Jessica. I would rather sit by myself more than by someone else. I'm sorry it just helps me focus." I open the door for her and I find my desk in the middle of the classroom. I set down my phone and I lay my head down until the bell rings.