A Lost Love

King P.O.V.
King rested in an icy clearing. "It's over," King whispered then started laughing almost as coldly as the air around him, " Hell of a way to go!" He slowly began to cry again. " I'm dead, " he sobbed, "and crazy." The little fairy curled into a ball and sobbed. He was so tired, cold, stressed, and hungry he wouldn't even stop crying to think.
"King?" a girls voice asked softly. King slowed his sobs as a hand was placed on his shoulder.
"Diane?" King murmured. The small fairy rolled over to find a familiar pair of violet eyes looking sweetly down at him. He gasped quietly as Diane hugged him. "You remember me." King said in disbelief.
"King!"Diane repeated as she wept quietly into his shoulder. "I missed you! I don't know why I ran away," she said though sobs. King held on to her afraid if he let her go she would disappear.
"It's okay" He whispered holding her. "it will be fine." They sat there for what seemed like hours holding each other as if the moment they let go it would become just a dream. Finally King whispered, "Are you okay now?" Diane nodded wiping the tears from her eyes. "You stay here, I'll go find something to eat, okay?" King asked Diane simply nodded again. King got to his feet and left the clearing.
Diane P.O.V

Diane sat in the snow then shivered. It didn't snow like this anywhere in Britannia. She waited alone trying to think of where they were. A little while later King returned with some bread and fish. Diane jumped to her feet as he walked over.
"Where did you find that?" She inquired. Pointing to the food.

"Well I found a village and a nice old lady gave me the bread and told me about where we are, and I caught the fish!" He said proudly holding up a large salmon. Diane giggled smiling then she shivered teeth chattering. "Here," King said taking his sweater off and draping it over her shoulders. She was about to object but before she could the small fairy started to collect logs. Diane sat watching him work. A few minutes later she was curled up beside King watching the fish cook over a roaring fire. King broke the bread in half and offered her a peace.
"Thank you," Diane said taking a bite. After a few minutes of silence Diane decided to ask the question she had on her mind. "So where are we?"
King bit off a piece of his bread then answered, "We are on the border of some place called Ylisse, and from what the lady told me there's a big bandit problem around here." At the word bandit Diane grabbed King's hand. He squeezed it reassuringly. "Don't worry we can deal with whatever they throw at us." He said we so easily as if they were inseparable. After they ate Diane felt so sleepy she couldn't even keep her eyes open. Her head fell into King's lap and she drifted into a deep sleep.

King  P.O.V
Diane was asleep. King twirled one of her chocolate brown pigtails around his finger. Diane smiled in her sleep muttering things King couldn't make out. He kissed her forehead lightly then smiled. "This place may have a bandit problem but as long as I draw breath nobody will hurt you." King looked up quickly when he heard the crunch of footsteps through the snow.