Update on Wand and Pendulum

Hello, people! So many updates today, I know!

~~~

Wand stuff:

Okay, so I've redrawn my wand, I also changed the colors a little.

The core of the wand, which sticks out from the bottom a little, is made of moonstone

The core of the wand, which sticks out from the bottom a little, is made of moonstone. I chose moonstone because Roman legends say it was made from pure moonlight.

The crescent shape on the top is like the antennae of a radio: it receives signals, sends signals, and allows it to function. It is also what I point to something when I do a spell. It attaches to the core on the inside, and is also made of moonstone.

There is an outer layer around most of the core, protecting the inside of the wand. In most fantasy stories with wizards, it is made of wood. Mine is made of a velvety material, kind of like plastic, stone, and carved wood all combined. Magic, lol! It is a blue black, like the color of the sky after a twilight as the sky darkens. The outer layer widens a little at the bottom, starting at the handle.

The leather handle is black.

There is also stripes of shiny silver paint around the leather, the "antennae," and on the bottom of the wand. (Near where the core sticks out for a few centimeters.)

Here are the approximate measurements I imagined. I lined up my imaginary wand with the ruler, to try to make it accurate.

1.) Total Length.

•12.5" from bottom to tip.

2.) Length of antennae.

•0.5" from tip.

3.) Length and diameter of the base.

•The shortest diameter is 0.5".

•The longest diameter is 0.75".

4.) The handle measurements.

•Length of the handle is 3.5".

•Length from tip is 6.5".

•Length from bottom is 2.5".

~~~

Pendulum stuff:

Okay, so remember how I said I got a pendulum the other day?

Here it is!

Well, I tried to figure out what was "yes," and what was "no

Well, I tried to figure out what was "yes," and what was "no."

I was scared that my hand was shaking too much. I heard somewhere that pendulums just move with the too-tiny-to-see muscle movements in someone's hand. I got really scared that would happen, and my hand was shaking so bad!

Anyway, I thought, "show me yes, please," and it started moving counter clockwise.

I thought, "thank you," and it started moving diagonally (top left and bottom right)  in a line until it stopped.

Then I thought, "show me no, please," and it started moving clockwise.

I thought, "thank you," and it moved diagonally in the same way as earlier before stopping.

Later on, I asked the pendulum, "Will I get a familiar," and it moved counter clockwise! That's yes!

Or it could just be the tiny muscle movements...

~~~

I wanna have a cat familar, though! I want her to have short grey fur, yellow eyes, and be a Russian Blue Cat. (That's actually a breed name, I looked it up!)

Her name will be Countess.

For anyone who's curious, a countess is the wife of an earl. An earl doesn't have a female counterpart. An earl is second to a queen in Victorian England political nobility structure.

I know way too much about that, lol.

This chapter's long. Thank you for reading!

-Nutmeg 💖