Chapter 1

The Rich Request

Natsu glanced up at the apartments. He spotted Lucy's window. He stepped back a few feet and then charged forward. Before hitting the walls of the apartments, Natsu leaped and caught hold of Lucy's window.

"Hey Lucy! Wanna go on a job together?" Natsu asked as he climbed through.

The celestial wizard was still fast asleep in her bed. She started stirring.

"Ehh?" Lucy moaned as she lifted her head from her pillow. "Oh it's just you Natsu." And she lied down again. "Just Natsu," she thought. "Wait, Natsu?!" Lucy raised her head again.

"Morning Luce!" He greeted with his goofy smile.

"NATSU!" She raged. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Lucy thrust her pillow at him with all of her morning strength. "There's something called going through the door, you know!"

"Wanna go on a job together?" Natsu repeated as he caught the fluffy pillow with ease.

"Oh sure, but let me get ready."

"Great. I'll meet you at the guild!"

Natsu then jumped off the ledge, landed swiftly on the cobblestone and headed towards Fairy Tail.

Lucy sighed, "Oh Natsu," she thought, "You're never going to go through the door but, I sorta like it this way." She smiled to herself and went to take a bath.

__________________________

Lucy arrived at the guild's entrance. Above her stood the large sign hanging on the archway with the words, "Fairy Tail," written on it. She walked forward another five feet and reached the doors of the guild she loved so much and pushed open the heavy wooden doors only to find the guild fighting again.

Natsu's flames were flying everywhere while Gray's ice clashed with various things, leaving behind crystals of shinning ice. Ezra looked as though she was going to murder the two mages as she approached them. Lucy ignored all of the usual activity and continued to the request board, avoiding flying spells and broken objects.

As Natsu and Gray were charging at each other, Ezra stood between them, caught their heads in each hand, and slammed both of them into each other.

"Will you two quit it?!" Ezra yelled furiously as she glared down on the two.

"You didn't have to do it so hard." Natsu complained as he rubbed the red bump on his head. He turned and saw Lucy standing, staring at the request board as if nothing happened.

"There you are Luce!" The fire mage exclaimed happily. "You took so long so I already picked out a job. It's a high paying one too." He handed her the request form.

"Haunted house full of monsters with a hidden treasure. There is an old house said to be haunted but I heard there's a rich treasure hiding in there but a mob of monsters seem to guard it. Please get retrieve the treasure and bring it back to me. I'm in Onibus town. Reward 1,000,000 jewel," read Lucy "Ooo, 1,000,000 jewel? That'll cover for this month's rent!"

"Aye! And our food!" Chimed in Happy.

"But it says haunted. What if there are ghosts there?" Lucy shivered at the thought.

"Who cares?" said Natsu as he put his arm around Lucy's neck. "We'll beat them if they'll come at us no sweat!"

"Aye sir!"

"I guess so. Anyways, you seem pretty excited. So it says that our client is in Onibus town. Looks like we're going to have to ride a train Natsu."

Natsu turned pale. "On second thought, let's pick a different job that we can walk to." He started to head off towards the request board.

"Natsu, you get sick even when thinking about transportation. How sad." Happy shrugged.