My Weakness Is My Strength

You had served your time on the battlefield, in hell, it's true that you were a doctor and a field medic but you were still trained to be a soldier. You had fought alongside courageous men and woman giving their lives for their country and what they believe in. You had saved a lot of lives as an army medic but it could never make up for all the lives you had to take. You had been through hell and maybe that's why you found yourself being recruited by the infamous Diamond Dogs as their Lead of the newly constructed Medical Bay. That is how you found yourself being airlifted toward the precariously placed Mother Base; you had heard about the atrocities of a man known only as Skull Face and whispers of Cipher and you were ready and willing to help the Diamond Dogs.

When your helicopter touched down on Mother Base you noticed that the bridge had a fair amount of people standing around and waiting; it was easy enough to piece together that they were waiting for you. You disembarked from the helicopter and began approaching the people standing in front of you; the propellers of the helicopter were beating so fast that it pulled several strands of hair out of your up do. You sighed in frustration and pulled the remaining pins from your hair, letting it fall in waves down your back; letting your hair down in front of your superiors and fellow soldiers wasn't the kind of first impression you wanted to make.

Two men approached you the first was wearing a trench coat, sunglasses and a beret; he offered his hand, "Dr. L/N, thank you for coming all the way out here. I realize that the location might be less than ideal but we really needed your help. I'm Kazuhira Miller, welcome to Mother Base."

You shook his hand firmly, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miller, but please just call me Y/N."

Miller turned his head toward the other man standing to his side almost urging him forward; to say that he looked reluctant would have been an understatement. His attire was also somewhat odd, a button down shirt, red scarf, and trousers tucked into boots that had actual spurs. He cautiously offered his hand, "Revolver Ocelot but everyone around here calls me Ocelot... or sir."

You shook his hand and offered your own name but he didn't seem to want to say anything more and it ended up being Miller who broke the silence. He cleared his throat, "So, let's take you down to the Medical Bay and show you where you will be working." Both men led you into a rather large and impressive medical wing that should serve you well in treating the soldiers of this base. Miller introduced you to your new medical team that would provide you with the assistance that you needed before showing you to your personal office. The entire time you couldn't help but notice that Ocelot was always standing just off to the side; watching you with a cold but intent gaze.

Once the short tour was done Miller turned to you once more, "Now, is there anything that you need right now, Y/N?"

You gave a small smile, "Yes actually, I need to set up individual medical examinations with each of the soldiers. Sorry gentlemen, but that includes senior officers, soldiers, Administration, and even any staff members on Mother Base; so the two of you will need an examination as well. I need up-to-date medical records of everyone on this base."

Both men nodded in understanding and left with a curt nod; Emilia a member of your medical team offered to show you around the Med bay and to your personal quarters as well. You were overall impressed with the technology and sheer expansiveness of not just the med bay but Mother Base as a whole. You hoped that you would be able to do some good here now that your time in the field was done.

After a few days of settling in the Diamond Dogs began to trickle in steadily for their mandatory medical examinations; the vast number of patients seemed to be a little daunting but you managed. It was after a particularly long day; you were seated at your desk rubbing your temples when you heard a firm knock at the door. You got up with a weary sigh and pulled open the door, "Hello, Ocelot or sir... forgive me. Come on in and have a seat on the exam table."