Chapter 2

I started to feel a tiny flock of butterflies rise up in my stomach. I mean you can't blame me, I was about to meet four hot celebrities and to top it off they had accents. (I don't really know why American girls find accents so attractive, we just do.) "Why are you so nervous?" Harry asked teasingly, gesturing to my hands.

        I balled my fists and made a face at him. Whenever I got nervous and my hands weren't occupied they just had like weird mini spasms that I was never even notice until they're pointed out to me. "I'm not," I insisted.

        "Okay," he laughed at me. I just stuck my tongue out and stuffed my hands in my pockets as we walked up the stairs. I could feel the porch softly thudding from the Katy Perry song that was blasting inside. The video game sound effects and the boys' shouts masked the drumming in my chest as we walked through the giant doule doors. Shut up, there's nothing to be nervous about, I thought to my racing heart.

        "We're back!" Harry yelled as we walked through the foyer and took off our wet shoes. We entered a huge living room with vaulted ceilings and sliding glass doors on the back wall. Four guys were perched on a dark red leather couch, and the two of them without video game controllers in their hands, Liam and Niall, turned around and smiled at us.The other two paused the game they were playing and the music and Louis lept off the sofa.

        "Ello, love!" he said with a smile. "I'm Louis." He held out his hand and I took it, but instead of shaking it he pulled me into a hug.

        "I'm Haley," I giggled into his striped shirt.

        "Pleasure to meet you!" he said, releasing me and kissing me on the cheek. I nodded and smiled. I liked him already. Then Liam walked over to me, and I looked shyly up into his chocolate brown eyes.

        "Hi Haley, I'm Liam," he said politely and hugged me. I guess they were big on hugs. Not that I minded, so was I. Zayn approached me next. He introduced himself, and like Louis and Liam, he hugged me. Lastly, Niall came up to me, smiling.

        He was about my height, maybe a little taller, which I liked. The other boys practically towered over me, and though most girls find that attractive, I prefer someone around my height, I guess I'm weird. "I'm Niall," he said, his adorable Irish accent making me smile invoulentarily. I was happy he hugged me so he couldn't see. (Plus, he gives amazing hugs.) I was kind of... I don't know, dissapointed when he let go. Which was ridiculous. I gestured to his "FREE HUGS" tee-shirt.

        "So if yours was free, are Louis', Zayn's, and Liam's gonna cost me?" I asked jokingly. I instantly regretted it, realizing how stupid I sounded.

        "Normally, yes," Louis answered, slinging an arm around my shoulders, "But I think I'll give you a friends and family discount." I was relieved my joke wasn't as painfully embarrassing as I had thought.

        "Who else would you be hugging other than your friends and family?" I shot back. He just winked and I raised my eyebrows.

        "He charges the fans," Niall joked. I smiled at him. Something about his voice just makes me, I can't help it. He smiled back, causing my smile to widen.

        "And Zayn," Louis added.

        "It's true," Zayn confirmed, putting on a fake pout. I frowned back and ran my fingerr down my cheek, mimicking a tear. We laughed a little, but then there was a split second of awkward silence.