Chapter 8

PJ was with BP, Skates, and Undyne, who was with Alphys.
PJ was in his locker

Fresh took a deep breath before tapping PJ on the shoulder.

"Oh, hey Fresh," PJ said, blushing softly. "Hi PJ, um, I w-wanted to talk to you," Fresh said softly, hugging his binder as he looked down. "Yeah, same," PJ said, closing his locker.

"Now or Later?" Fresh asked. "Later," PJ said with a sigh.

"What's going on between you two?" Alphys asked. "Nothing," They both said in a monotone voice. "Obviously something happened," Skates said. "Don't worry about it. I mind my business, you mind yours," PJ said as Skates nodded. "You're actually surprising nosy," Undyne said as PJ scoffed. "I have to go," PJ said, then left. 

Fresh shook his head before leaving the opposite way.

"Fresh! Wait up!" Alphys said, catching up with Fresh.
"What about Undyne?" Fresh said. "I can see her later. What's wrong?" Alphys asked, Fresh shaking his head. "Come on, Fresh! You can tell me anything," Alphys said as they stopped walking, both of them facing each other, but Fresh was still looking at the ground, hugging his binder tighter as he started shaking lightly. "Fresh?" Alphys said as Fresh took a deep shaky breath, slowly tearing up. 

"I want to be with PJ... I need to be with PJ, but I just can't," Fresh said. "Does he like someone else?" Alphys asked. "No... I just don't want to feel broken like last time..." Fresh said softly. "Fresh? That wouldn't happen, you mean-" "He'll get over me in a days' time... Then I'd be left so broken..." Fresh said. "Besides... PJ said he has something to say... It's probably that he wants nothing to do with me..." Fresh said as Alphys shook her head. "Fresh, the possibilities of PJ wanting nothing to do with you is literally negative infinity," Alphys said, Fresh only tearing up. "He wants nothing to do with me because I'm literally the reason why he missed a year of everything...! A-And he's probably wanting me to feel bad because that's how I made him f-feel," Fresh said, starting to cry. "And I'm so stupid because I could've had him, but I pushed him away for laughs but yeah, jokes on me. But I still feel so bad, and I know PJ still feels the pain, and he already said he hated me, so he'll obviously find someone that's worthy of his time, instead of someone that's just a waste of space! Then I'll be unhappy for the rest of my life because I don't deserve anything!" Fresh said, walking off crying and ranting things. 

Alphys followed, trying to tell him things, but he wouldn't calm down. 

Undyne watched Alphys walk off, then looked at PJ, who turned a corner.

"You're both slow- PJ! Wait up!!" Skate ran off, Undyne rolling her eyes and following, dragging BP, who was too busy on his phone to pay attention.

"What?" PJ stopped and turned to his three closest friends.

"What's wrong?" Skates asked as PJ shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just tired," PJ said, holding his right wrist.
Undyne noticed. "PJ, you didn't," Undyne growled as PJ shook his head, but not looking at them. "Do what?" Skates asked. 
"Calm down, I didn't do anything," PJ said. "Then why are you holding your wrist?" Undyne asked. "I twisted it the wrong way when I was practicing basketball at home," PJ said as Undyne sighed. "I swear if you're lying." "I'm not. But I have to go... See ya," PJ said, leaving.

"What was that?" "I thought PJ was cutting again," Undyne said. "He probably was, just hid it, not wanting to say anything because he doesn't want his Dad yelling at him again," BP said, not taking his eyes off the phone. "Do you even care!?" BP rolled his eyes, putting his phone away. "Of course I do! I care more about him than both of you. Acknowledge how he feels! You guys force him to say things when he's not ready! That makes him uncomfortable and so upset. That's why I'm always quiet. That's why he trusts me with things more than both of you combined," BP said, glaring. "Excuse me? He didn't tell you-" "Everything he told you, he told me first because I don't push him to do things he doesn't want to! Consider how he feels sometimes!" BP said, then left.