4

Arin leaned back into his chair. He glanced at the computer monitor. He was in a call with Dan for nearly six hours, and he couldn't even tell. Not until he looked around and realized how much his eyes hurt.

It was worth it. Every sentence they spoke to each other. They learned more about each other, shared a series of laughs. Arin was just thankful he didn't have a classic nine to five job, and instead earned his money from YouTube and commissions. Plenty of time to sleep in after staying up so late.

This soon became a weekly thing. Everyday they'd speak to each other. Sometimes for hours, others for only ten minutes. But that didn't matter. They enjoyed each other's company no longer how long they exchanged words.

And after a few months, they had come to learn they lived in the same place. Los Angeles, where dreams come true. Danny lived there in hopes of kicking off his music career further. Arin was there to experience new things and enjoy the different scenery compared to his old place in Florida.

"What if we met one day? Like, face to face."

"You could be a catfish." A pair of chuckles were then heard.

"Then let's meet up at a coffee shop or something. A store. Restaurant. I just...I want to meet you." Arin sighed after speaking. A pause was heard on the other side. He suddenly felt awkward. Maybe it was too soon.

"Alright. I'll meet you at a restaurant or something tomorrow. I'll send you the details when I figure it out." It wasn't seen, but it was heard in Danny's voice that he was smiling from ear to ear.

It was just the idea of being able to see the person they've been talking to daily, that managed to make them happy. Sure, it would make anyone happy. But after their conversations, Arin believed he was beginning to feel something new. It was odd because he hadn't felt something like it before. Not even Suzy sparked such an emotion. 

He decided against thinking too harshly on it. After all, he had a conversation to keep up. 

"That sounds like a plan. Listen, I gotta go to bed. But I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"It's so weird hearing you say that. I didn't think we'd ever meet this quickly."  

"You're telling me."  Arin chuckled, then hovered his mouse over the button that would end their call.  "Good night, Danny."  

"Good night Arin." 

The two left the call and were left with the dark screen that displayed their chat messages. 

It was going to be a while, but they were thrilled to be meeting one of their best friends.

The next few hours seemed to last forever. It was nearly impossible to fall asleep.

Danny just hoped everything would go well between them.

Arin hoped for more.