Chapter 3: Slate

"I heard you beat another person up today" commented my mother as I walked through the door, not bothering to look up from the dishes she was doing. I tried to calm myself down. "That's it? No "How was your day?" I mean, you don't even bother to look at me. Why?! Do you honestly still blame me for what happened?! Can you not bear to look at me because I resemble my father?! I'm tired of coming through this door every night and you saying nothing, or just throwing out the towns latest news about me, knowing that it's true. I'm tired of coming down in the morning and you suddenly having something to do. Can't you just f****ing talk to me for once?!" By now I was shouting. Once I finished I stood there, slightly out of breath, waiting for her response. She sighed, put down the plate she was washing, and turned to face me, tears glistening in her eyes. "You know, you could have moved out by now if you felt like this" I sighed "And yet I haven't. You know why? Because I keep waiting for you to finally talk to me, to be a good mother. And yet I keep on being disappointed." Her face turned red "Look. I rais-" she began but I cut her off. "You raised me? You raised me?! I was 5 and wandering the streets looking for a scrap of food because you were passed out at the tavern. I was 7 and teaching myself to fight because already I had dealt with drunks and perverts. You don't get to say you raised me. I raised myself. And now you're finally starting to pay back your debt from your drinking days but you have yet to even attempt to make up for what you did to me. I've had enough. I'm leaving. I'm tired of waiting for you to catch up, all you're doing is holding me back. Goodbye, mother." As soon as I had spat out the word, I picked up my bag and left, heading to HQ, where the rest of  the team stayed.
*At HQ*
I barged through the door, startling everyone. Mag, my second in command, jumped to her feet. "Boss? What's going on?" I threw my bag on a mat that they always saved for me just in case I changed my mind about my mother. "War room. 10 minutes. We need to get together a plan to overthrow the King." I said as I walked past her, and out the door to the bath in the back, leaving a bunch of stunned vigilantes in my wake.

A/N sorry about late update! School just started and then my WiFi stopped working, but I'll try to get back on schedule.