chapter 16

Ohm's eyes widened as Brock was ready to pull the trigger. " I don't believe you." Ohm said. Brock pulled out his phone and on the screen had Bryce laying on a white bed as people walked around him.

" If you tell me what you did to mini, then I will let you see Bryce." Brock said. Ohm sighed.

" find, I didn't do anything more then what Tyler did to the poor human." Tyler looked up at Ohm and walked over to him.

" You marked him!" Tyler yelled as he kicked Ohm. Ohm was out like a light. Brock looked at Tyler and gave him a really face.

" He deserved it." " Well so do you." Brock said back. Tyler glared at Brock and went to Mini, he picked him up and he got a quiet groan from him. Tyler sighed in relief as he continued to walk back to the house.

Brock reached into his pocket and he dropped a note on Ohm. Then he left along with Tyler.

----------------------------------------

A loud sound erupted through the dark room. A yawn is released from a young boy, blonde hair, blue eyes and 6'3"

The sound of a door opening was heard and the young man shifted his gaze to the elder.

" Hey, max." The younger of the two said.

"Hey, Bryce. How are you feeling today?" Max asked in a calm voice.
Bryce groaned and thought about it for a second.

" What I would do to smell the fresh air." Bryce said. The man felt sorry for the young man, knowing that they can't unstrap him from the bed.

" Sorry Bryce." "Yeah yeah I know." It was quiet for a few seconds until the older man walked over to the heart monitor. A steady beat was all the music that Bryce could have.

" It's so boring, can I please have something to do?" Bryce pleaded as he looked at the man.

" We can't unstrap you, we don't know if you will attack us when we come in." " I won't, I promise." The man shook his head no.

" Come on, you can trust me. You guys have kept me here for like what? A year now. I won't do anything to harm anyone." The man thought about it.

The man placed a new blood bag on the hook and let the contents flow through the tube.

He walked out when he had fully checked everything. Bryce leaned back and looked at the colorless ceiling. His walls had pictures of the outside world, but he couldn't stand looking at them.

They made him miss the world more. He missed Ohm, he missed his friends. He never got the chance to taste blood, he never got the chance for a lot of things.

The man walked back into the room and got Bryce's attention.

" The boss has agreed to let you roam around the building, but you must have someone with you at all times." Bryce was happy. His smile was big and bright.

" Is it just me that will be roaming?" Bryce asked as the man messed with his restraints.

"No there are others. Think of this place like a nursing home. You can met new vampires, and other creatures. But if you start a fight then you will be locked away for three years." Bryce listened to the man as he spoke.

" So I can go outside?!" Bryce was happy. the man nodded.

" This place is guarded so don't even think about running, ok?" " Got it." Bryce replied.

They walked out of the room and Bryce was jumping around. The scientist had never seen a vampire so happy before.

He walked Bryce to an open room and he saw the other people talking and playing games.

" Why do you have kids here?" Bryce asked as he noticed the kids playing jump rope.

" Safety reasons. They don't have parents, we found them on the road. They said their parents died a long time ago and that they where looking for a new home." Max informed, Bryce frowned at that.

"How long ago?" Bryce asked, while keeping his eyes on the kids.

"About three months ago." The sound of talking and giggling filled the room as Bryce was directed to the garden. It was dark out so the moon was up.

He took in a deep breath and let the fresh air fill his lungs. He looked around and looked at the plants. Every single kind was there. Bryce followed the trail, looking at the plants and even some butterflies.

He turned around to see that the scientist was gone. He looked around and saw him talking to another person. Bryce decided to continue looking at the flowers and relax.

He saw the gate and noticed that there was a buzzing sound coming from it. Not wanting to touch it, he backed away and ran into someone.

He turned around, startled.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Bryce apologize as he looked at the person he bumped into. Blue eyes, brown hair and nice smile.

" It's ok, don't worry about it." The handsome looking man said as he reassured Bryce.

" Um ok, uh. Im Bryce and you are?" Bryce said as he rubbed the back if his neck. The man smiled and showed his long k-nines.

" I'm jon, but everyone calls me Delirious. Or Del for short." Bryce smiled back and showed off his pearly whites.

" Nice, I like it." Bryce giggled a bit and looked back to the gate.

" How long have you been here? I haven't noticed you before." Jon asked as he got Bryce's attention.

" Uh I have been here over a year." Bryce said. Jon's eyes widened a bit as he realized how long he has been here.

" Wow, where have you been this whole time?" Jon asked again, being genuinely worried about this persons well being.

" Um I was in my room. They wouldn't let me leave in case I hurt someone."

"Hurt someone? Like how?" Jon pushed, Bryce was starting to feel uncomfortable. He couldn't just say that he was an ex hunter and that they didn't trust him.

" Other than that. What room do you have?" Jon asked as he looked behind him.

" 14." Bryce answered as he looked at his fingers. Jon smiled and turned around quickly. Bryce was confused until he looked and saw Jon now hold another man.

" Dang it! I almost got you!" The man yelled. He had brown eyes and jet black hair. There was no point in taking in his clothing since everyone wore the same.

White shirt with a chest pocket, white pants with side pockets and white shoes.

Manly mental insane asylum clothing.

" Hey this is Evan. He's also my partner." Jon smiled, Bryce frowned at the word partner. He felt tears prick his eyes but he held them back.

The two looked happy. And it would be his fault for ruining this moment for them. He simply said he had to go and left the couple's behind. He walked over to a table and saw some other people playing boring board games.

His eyes trailed off to the kids, they played jump rope, hopscotch, and tossed a ball to each other.

" Bryce, are you ready to leave?" Bryce sighed and nodded his head.

" Do you think I can have some things to draw with in my room?" Bryce asked as they started walking back to the room.

" I will try to make that work." Max said as he sent a smile to Bryce. Bryce walked over to the bed but he wasn't strapped in.

" I think you can sleep normally tonight." Bryce smiled.

"Thanks." Bryce turned over on his side and pulled the covers over his body. The warmth and the freedom that he experience, helped him believe that he could get out if there one day.

The thought alone helped him sleep.