Chapter Six

As I notice the men that helped us earlier walk away saying there goodbyes to us and putting there heads down in depression. Nick and I walked back to the beach with our hearts torn in half. I couldn't believe they couldn't have saved that man. People can get cured from horrible diseases but they couldn't cure an infection? I guess Nick noticed my thoughts and grabbed my hand. I looked into his eyes and i was ready to defend myself. Ready to make him go away telling him that i don't have feelings for him. But i couldn't. Because i really did have feelings for him and I felt like i was on the brink of survival, ready to crash into a landing. I let him hold my hand and i walked closer to him as we entered the dark night of the beach. I looked at the blackened waves crash. There was no sounds. No birds chirping. No people. No boats on the horizon. There was nothing. Except for the black night and the grey water.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Andy." He said looking into my eyes as I felt his strength of love overcome my sadness. I shook my head in an acknowledgement and i put my head down. When we came up underneath the boardwalk we stopped and we both looked at each other. I felt his heat from his body against mine as he was about to kiss me. His lips were just centimeters away from mine before i felt his dirty blonde hair brush against the top of my head and I could taste the ocean air that pulled through us. I pulled away. "Nick, I can't." I say feeling myself getting disappointed but i felt overcome by his disappointment. "I understand" He said as he started to walk the opposite direction that i was headed. I couldn't take it.

I had to let myself go. I couldn't just keep myself in like this for 2 months. I needed him. And so i went after him.