minus one

Guys!!! This is a gayxgay story, so if you don't like that kind of fanfic, please don't read it.
-L ❤️

Draco looked nervously behind himself, checking that there was no one else who knew he was there. Technically, he was supposed to be at the Ball, but there was no point in looking like a prat while others looked on, no doubt laughing at him.
He pushed up his sleeves, something he had not been able to do in the Great Hall. Though hot and stuffy from the closely packed bodies of students, Draco still could not reveal his inner left arm. Or rather, the tattoo that lay there, deadly and unreachable as a loaded gun. Most students had heard the rumour of him becoming a Death Eater. They didn't understand, really. They thought he was evil. As he was raised, it was an opportunity for a life out side of snobbish Hogwarts and the gits who would never understand. Never would they understand the pressure he felt from his father to follow in his footsteps and become a soldier of the Dark Lord. They called him He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and You-Know-Who. Cowards. Couldn't they see that Voldemort would win no matter what they called him?
Presently, Draco scanned his surroundings once more, eyes skimming over and passing Harry Potter's hiding place. Harry wiggled around, covering his own mouth to mask his heavy breathing. Just his luck that following Draco would lead down dusty corridors and to a room on the third floor. He had had to be careful not to slip or sneeze, despite the dust now settling on his nose. Yes, the Chosen One had allergies. How common, Malfoy would say.
Draco reached his hand out, slowly, and drew a dagger from his cloak. If the headmaster found out about that, he would be suspended, if not expelled. He palmed the blade, and slit the pad of his thumb, surprising Harry by not grimacing. Not a sound made Draco as he reached out and pressed the bloody thumb to the doorknob. The door glowed brightly, and both Harry and Draco winced, blinded by the sudden light. Draco didn't cast a healing spell, but instead waited for the glow to subside. The door darkened, then, like it was being carved by a bright blade, glowed a snake brightly on the door. Without a second thought toward the blood dripping off his thumb, Draco strode inside. Harry wondered how he had become so accustomed to pain. Harry's heart ached, and he felt a twinge of.. something. The corridor was dark once again.