[Fluff] Male Reader x Fuze

Requested by: @MidNightDawg

I'm sorry it took so long. And I don't own this marvelous piece of art.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fuze's P.O.V

"Why did you cluster charge the hostage?!" 

"Is he gonna be assigned in our next hostage mission?" 

"Mission failed, as last time."

I woke up, catching my breath. My heart was beating faster than it should be and I realized that was just a dream. A dream where it would come true when I fail my team.

I never wanted to make my team feel disappointed or frustrated because of me. It felt great when they looked at me with a happy expression when we were deployed for securing an area.

Making my way down to the kitchen, I was greeted by some of my comrades.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I chat along with my teammates it a happy tone and see Shuhrat walk down the stairs, looking tired.

"Hey, Shuhrat! Wanna eat breakfast with us?" I ask the Russian operator.

He nods his head and puts some breakfast on his plate along with silver utensils. Shuhrat takes a seat by me and we all start to chat while eating.

Well except for Mark or Chul.

As everyone was talking to one another a speaker came off with Six's voice. 

"Later on today at 12 PM can we have all the operators in the Simulation room for practice."

The speaker then goes silent and so does the table. But only for a quick second.

I then decide to ask Shuhrat, "What objective do you think is gonna be set up?"

"Other than Hostage, it's fine with me." He replies and takes another bite of his bacon.

I nod to his response until we all have to meet at the Simulation room.

A few hours later. O_O

Six was standing by us in the room while she told us who will be deployed and the objective.

I start to get a worried, anxious feeling because I knew that Shuhrat really hated it when he was deployed for hostage.

"Fuze, Ash, Jackal, IQ, and Twitch for Blue Team." Six spoke.

I look over at Shuhrat who is crossing his fingers in hopes that luck would be on his side this time.

"(Y/N), Mute, Caveira, Bandit, and Doc for Orange Team." Six said. I gotta admit, Six usually had a bit of an aura where I would get a bit intimidated.

"The objective is..." 

Fuze's P.O.V

"For fuck's sake, please don't let it be hostage." I muttered quietly behind my mask.

"...Hostage. You will be set on the map: House."

I started to feel the stares of some of my teammates burning through my back.

It made me feel bad to know what's in store for me.

[PREPERATION PHASE]

Knowing Mark, he placed down his Signal Disrupters at the very edge of the stairs. I looked over to Twitch's drone, and it gets destroyed by Bandit. He must've been looking at the corner of his eye to spot the drone... After all, he didn't like having his shock wire broken.

All we know now is that the hostage is upstairs.

[ACTION PHASE]

"Don't fuck this up, got it?" Ash said giving me a dangerous glare.

I nod nervously and step away from Ash, rappelling my way up to the window of Kid's Bedroom. I place my cluster charge on of the many windows and I detonate it. 

Then I see Mark step out of the Simulation Room. I got him!

Ash's gunfire is heard below in the building and Bandit gets out.

I cluster out the Bathroom but I got no one, sadly. 

The hostage is either in the Master Bedroom or the Workshop... 

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

We were down two people while the attacking team had all their teammates left.

"Scanning electronics." I hear IQ's voice right on the other side of the wall. I wait for a second then dash through the door, gunning her down. She then exits the room like Mark.

"IQ down," I inform the rest of my teammates.

I run back near the hostage, to make sure that she was fine and no one was planning to push.

As I head back to see if I can get a few more frags, I hear Fuze. 

"Cluster charge going live!" he calls out.

"Wait, no!" I yell to try to get his attention that the hostage was in there but I was too late.

"Simulator finished, the Attacking Team has killed the hostage." a bot's voice rings out in the room and the simulator stops.

Six lets us all leave the room and the moment the door closes behind all of us, I hear Ash and others yelling for whatever reason.

"I told you not to fuck the match up!" Ash screams in an angry tone to a guilty Fuze.

"I know, I just thought-" Shuhrat gets cut off by Twitch.

"You thought you could kill the hostage? Because you just did!" she exclaims.

Shuhrat turns silent and puts his head down. I decide to run over there and yell back at the two teammates.

"Hey, it was just a mistake! Calm down! Stop yelling at him and move on!" I say to the two.

"But (Y/N), it was his fault that he just clumsily ruined it for us," IQ speaks.

"And I don't see you helping out when you got gunned down by me," I respond.

It was IQ's turn to stay silent.

"Fine!" Ash yells, "Let's leave." 

She and the rest of the group just left the scene.

I look back at Shuhrat and he still has his head down and keeping quiet.

"It wasn't your fault, Shuhrat..." I say.

"But I killed the hostage and ruined the game like they said." his voice cracked a bit as he spoke.

"Listen, they were just over exaggerating about the situation. It was just a practice, nothing more." I reply, giving him a small hug.

He says pauses and hugs me back tighter. "You're an amazing comrade."

"Don't mention it. Wanna grab some food or-"

"Vodka!" I hear Finka's voice from the kitchen.

We both laugh amongst ourselves and make our way to have a drink with others in the kitchen.

"Thanks, (Y/N)."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know, I know, there are a few grammar mistakes... I'm not the best author out there but I hoped you liked the chapter! Requests are still on!