Part 7: Yikes

Seo and Wakamatsu were walking downtown. Well, Wakamatsu was dragged by Seo while he carried her shopping bags.

"I could use a little help, y'know"

"I'm already paying for everything, thank you" Seo shot.

"Hey, aren't those Mayu and Mikoshiba-senpai?" Wakamatsu asked, looking at the two figures going into the sweets shop.

Seo scrunched her eyes suspiciously. 'This ought to be fun' she chuckled evily. "Come on, Waka. I'm in the mood for sweet tea"

"You mean gossip tea" Wakamatsu corrected, disappointed.

"Pfft hehe"

"Spying is wrong"

"Shut up and hurry" Seo demanded. Wakamatsu had no other choice but to follow.

________________________________

'You better tell him after the competition' was what Sakura's glare told him. This was the perfect chance. It was just the two of them.

"Why did your parents name you similar to your last name? Did they hate you?" Mayu asked instead. Damn, he had never being this sissy before.

Seo snorted behind the menu book. "Man, this kid is priceless"

"Seo-senpai, be quiet" Wakamatsu hushed. They were sitting behind some bookshelves the shop had for decoration, so they were pretty blocked from Mikoshiba and Mayu's sight. Only that Seo's voice could give away.

The other two didn't seem to have seen them, so they continued on their conversation.

"Well, long story short..."

Flashback

A redhaired woman was carrying a crying baby in the hospital bed. A nervous father was also crying.

"Honey, could you fill out the registration form? I'm a little busy here" the woman asked.

"S-sure"

His hand was shaking and his vision was blurry. It was just his bad luck that he had to write it in romaji, rather than kanji characters. When he wrote the first letters of the last name, he noticed that he wrote them on the first name blank. So, instead of asking for another paper, he added "-to" to "Miko-". And well, both his first and last name began alike.

End of flashback

"And so, yeah. My dad's... special" Mikoshiba finished.

"That's actually a funny story" Seo told Wakamatsu. He glared at her as if to say 'please shut up'.

"I've been meaning to ask..." Mikoshiba began, not daring to look at Mayu, so he glanced sideways. "There was a girl you rejected back there, right?"

Mikoshiba knew the answer, he just wanted to hear Mayu's point of view. Maybe the kid was as oblivious as his older brother and mistook the confession for something else.

"Yeah" Mayu answered.

"Why? She seemed pretty nice"

"There's someone I like already" Mayu was... blushing?

It was the first time Mikoshiba saw him blush. It wasn't the first time he had done so, though.