Chapter 12: Water Balloon Locker

“So, you’re messing with him?”

“When you say it that way it makes me sound evil!”

“Because you are. Don’t you think passing notes are kind of babyish?”

“Yeah. Now that you say it that way it kind of is,” I say looking at my hands.

“Will you guys just date now? You love him, he loves you. Just be together,” Jade says sounding reasonable.

“You’re right.”

“Yes so now-,”

“I should prank him,” I say cutting her off.

“Oh DD!”

“Muahahahahah!”

_Next Day_

“Mom. I don’t  feel well!”

She puts her hand on my forehead and says, “Honey your face is burning!”

“Okay. I’ll get ready for school.”

“No! No! You stay here! I’ll call you every hour to make sure you’re okay! Don’t worry about school, I’ll call them to tell them you’re sick”

She kisses me good-bye and then walks to the living room. I wait a few minutes for her to leave.

“Ha ha! Standing under my lamp for ten minutes sure worked!”

I stand up and put on shorts, a t-shirt, a pony tail, sneakers, and no makeup.

I stuff my backpack with water balloons and then grab my old skateboard. I run outside and ride to school.

I was almost there when who should I bump to, Braxton.

I stop and say, “Sup Braxt?”

“Going to school. You?”

“Nah. My mom thinks I’m sick. I have a project due that I forgot to do,” so I lied. It’s a tiny white lie. You said some to before, right?

“So where are you going?”

“Ummm…….to get a few things from my locker.”

“K. Let’s go,” he says riding his skateboard.

I catch up to him and together we race to school. I was so close to winning! But I skated slowly and when he turned the corner I stopped.

When I arrived to school I ran to Jade’s locker. Yes, she’s waiting for me.

“Hey D.”

“Hey! Open your locker.”

She unlocks her locker while I open my back pack. Nobody’s here, since it’s really early. I pass her the water balloon and she puts it in her locker. It took long, and three dropped balloons but we finally filled her locker with water balloons.

“You know I might get in trouble for this,” she says locking her locker.

“I know. But I’ll tell Alex not to tell on you.

“Kay. Go home now before they see you! Hurry up!”

So I ride home, avoiding Braxton. When I get home I open the door and hear the phone ringing. I answer it and say, “Hey?”

“Danice?”

“Hi mom.”

“Are you okay? I left some food for you in the fridge. Eat it later.”

“Okay mom,” I say trying to sound sick.”

“Love you! Bye!”

“Bye.”

She hangs up and all I do now is wait.

I wait and wait and wait. Then I eat my pancakes and answer my mom’s phone call. Afterwards I watch TV and finally I get a text from Jade:

He opened the locker!!! Click the vid under!

So I click the video!

It shows Alex unlocking Jade’s locker. Then he pauses, and then opens the locker. All the balloons fall on his face making him wet.

“Ha! That’s what you get Loser!”

“Jade! I would never think you would do this,” a voice says behind her. She turns the phone and you can see up the principal’s nose. That’s not pretty.

The video is over. Oh great! Now I have to go to school and fix this. I grab my skateboard and start to go to school.

Hey! It's about to get dramatic in the next chapter! So just wait until maybe tomorrow for an update or the next day!  Bye! :)