Chapter 1

My phone’s ringing. I really cannot be bothered to answer it. Won’t be that important. I don’t have a clue what time it is but I want to sleep longer. It’s loud and I try to cover my ears with the cover, it’s not working. I finally give in and shove the cover off my face, lying with my eyes slightly forcing to open. 

 I sit up fast, notice it’s sunny and quickly remember that my phone’s ringing. ‘Unknown calling’ I read when I bring it closer to my eyes to make out. I answer it sluggishly rolling my eyes. ‘Who the hell’s this?’ I asked myself before accepting the call.

 ‘Hello, Sarah; it’s me, Frank. Erm, I was wondering; were you too drunk last night to remember me? 

'Oh... Frank...' I stand up, jump off my bed and my eyes suddenly waken.

'Yeah, it's me, Sarah,' I said frantically, and in sudden remembrance, I noticed he had already said my name. 

'Yeah, I know. I rang you,' he chuckles.  

'Oh, yeah. Sorry.' In embarrassment I'm trying to think of something to say to change the subject, then remember, he rang me.

‘Well?’ I ask. As I’m waking out of my bedroom, to go into the bathroom, I hear him ask me if I’m doing something today. This has got to be the best reason to wake up early ever.

'Err, not that I know of..?' I stumble on what to say because I don't have any plans but I only remember a little bit of him and well, I haven't been on a 'date' for a while.

'Well, how's about I take you out somewhere nice. You know - get to know each-other a bit better? Come on, it'll be fun.' God, he makes asking someone on a date sound so easy.

'Erm, well...' Jeez, it's too early to be thinking this hard. What time is it anyway? I look at my clock and squint my eyes. '2:00' it reads.

'2 o'clock, oh my God!' I am shocked, I have slept in. I thought it was early. 

'What?'  He's confused. 

‘No, I wasn’t talking to you. Sorry, yeah what time?’ My eyes lift from the floor to the wall as they grow in vast speed because of the shock running through my whole body. What was I thinking when I said that? My hand goes to my mouth. I was thinking too fast, oh my’, I’m hyperventilating.

'Hmm, what are you doing at 6pm?' He asks. Thoughts are racing through my mind. I can either say, 'I'm busy, I just remembered.' Or, 'Alright, I'll be there.' 

'I... guess I can make it, then!' I make myself sound excited but I'm unsure about this and I tremple in uncontrollable desperation. 

'Right, it's on. I'll pick you up. Be ready!' He says so confidently.

‘You don’t know where I live, it’s…’  I try to say but I'm interrupted.

'21, Borough Crescent,' he says. I'm confused. I wonder if I was that drunk last night, I even remember who this guy is. All I remember is how he was so mature and how handsome he was. I think he was rich, too, but I'm not sure. He's clearly romantic. But how the hell does he know where I live?

'Yeah, you told me last night, remember, at the bar?' He giggles. 

'Ah, well make sure you're ready, yeah? I'll be there.' His voice comforts me; even over the phone he sounds so nice.  This reminds me who I met last night at the bar, as his delicateness was so profound it’s memorable.

‘Okay, I’ll be ready!’ I'm excited, take the phone out of my ear and end the call. I skip to the front room and jump to sit down, where I lay and make myself comfortable as I smile at the laminate.