Chapter 16

Cole’s POV:

What were those scars all over her hips? How did she get them? I watch as she bites her pink lip, her green eyes, with flecks of blue and yellow in them, looking between me and Dalton. I can see that she isn’t going to answer our questions as she mumbles "Thanks." She scoots back on her bed and gives a soft yawn. I scoot back and lays against her purple pillows, smiling at her "So what WERE you watching when we came in?" Dalton scoots back too, giving me a narrowed eyed look. I give him an innocent look. I knew that he was lying about not being mad if I flirted with her. Well, sucks for him. I like her.

Destiny looks between us, confusion in her eyes "Um… it’s just an anime that I like. It’s called the Black Butler." Dalton gives a slow nod, listening as she explained it. I watched her face, her eyes lighting up, as she recommended several other good animes. Dalton smiled, his blue eyes shining like sunlight on ocean water.

I looked between them, realizing that they would make a great couple. They both love Doctor Who, and they both had kinda dark attitudes, that hid their bright inner self. They even looked like they would fit together perfectly. They were around the same size and height. Oh glob. This is just depressing. They’re fudging perfect for each other. I bet they even like the same kinds of music.

I grabbed Destiny’s arm, and swung her around, cutting her off mid-sentence as I captured her lips with mine. I squeezed my eyes shut before pulling away and walking out of her room. I give up. She’s Dalton’s.