Chapter 18

Argh! The light! I blink repeatedly, squinting against the harsh light. I close one eye and bats at the curtain. The light vanishes. I yawn and rolls over, my hand searching the sheets. I turn my head, only to be greated by the beady eyes of Destiny’s stuffed fox.

                I sit up, the sheet falling past my waist, and runs my hands through my tufted hair, yawning. I glance around her awesome room, noticing that the dresser, bedside table, and closet door, all were painted to blend in to the black walls and carpeting. The only door that stood out was the bright purple door that led to the white hallway.

                Said purple door suddenly opened as Will poked his head in “Breakfast is almost ready. And Destiny said ‘feel free to shower and all. Just treat this as your own home.’” Will blinked at me, his brown eyes serious “So what happened between you and Cole? He won’t say a word.” He opened the door more, to walk in and almost tripped over a flash of black “Sh*t” A low growl echoed his words. I turned my head, my gaze following Destiny’s cat as it raced across the room and jumped up onto the bed, its hazel eyes narrowing as a hiss echoed in its throat. I quickly scrambled off the bed, just as Rebecca brushed bast Will “Come back, you little demon!” The large black cat growled, his tail beginning to lash as he sunk down into a crouch.

                I coughed lowly “Whatcha doing?” She pulled Will into the room and quickly shut the door “Gotta put Elmo outside. But the little monster refuses to go, because he knows that food is being made.” Will took a couple steps forward “But why does he have to be put out? Why not just feed him like the dogs.” Rebecca snorted “I wish it was that simple. But noooo, Elmos takes ALL the food, from human or dog. And by force too. Evil little bast*rd.” She mumbled the last part, her white-blue eyes narrowing as she began to calculate her next move.

                I bit my lip to keep from laughing “Why don’t you just lock him up in here?” Rebecca’s face went blank “Well… I’m not sure if he’ll destroy the room or not…” After a couple moments of consideration, Will walked over to window and opened it, pushing back the curtains. Light poured into the room, seeming to hit me square in the eyes. I threw up my hand, and caught sight of Elmo, the cat, darting through the window, his black pelt rugged with scars.