chapter one

The old west was loved by all its inhabitants, the lapis blankets of the sky and fresh blades of grass rested on the long plains.

"Aiyana, come look at Kachina, she seems to be in pain!" A Lakota male shouted to his girlfriend, daughter of the tribe chief. "She's in labour" Aiyana sadly looked down at the agonised mare as her own stallion, Paytah, nosed his girlfriend protectively.

Kachina whinnied in pain, nostrils flaring as she pushed and pushed with all her spiritful might. Several piercing efforts later, a filly rested her fragile head on the emerald grass as she opened her almond eyes.

The lakota couple admired the newborn foal, she donned dark bay and white painted hair, beautifully crafted noir and blonde mane and tail, along with dark, miniscule hooves.

"Oh, she's beautiful! A prized specimen!" The lakota male named Achak smiled down at his trustworthy mare and her child. "Well done, girl. I'll leave you to rest" he said gently as he patted her palomino painted forehead and left her newborn babyand her in piece.

The two people left as Paytah sniffed the filly delightedly, proud of his new daughter, Kachina was equally pleased as the foal feeded on her mother's milk - keen to be healthy.