Chapter 35

Catya POV:

——————————————————————————

Viktor laughed and laughed the more he drank. Him and his group were not only gross but very rude.

"You are so charming!" Mayu giggled in an obvious lie.

I grimaced at her fake laughs and flirty comments. I hated her. I hated her so much. I could still smell Bankotsu's scent on her mixed with whatever floral perfume she had on.

"Bring us more drinks, girl!" One of Viktor's men demanded.

Nodding my head I stood and walked to the bar area where Jakotsu sat.

"How's host duty going?" He asks as he drank his sake.

"Horrible. These men are too touchy and they smell bad." I reply as I grabbed a bottle of sake.

"How much longer do you have to endure?" He asks.

"I don't really know. Hopefully when that whore Mayu takes him upstairs." I sighed.

*ding*

We both turn our heads to the front door as two hooded men walked in.

Watari lowered his hood flashing a smile at me.

"It's Watari? Wait.... What time is it?! What day is it?!" I slap my palms onto my cheeks as I realized I had completely forgotten about my training.

"Worry not Miss Catya. I had some important business come up so I won't be able to do your training today. Which you are incredibly late for." He says sternly.

I chuckled lightly before apologizing.

The hooded man that was behind Watari quickly walked to a booth avoiding my curious stare.

"Ah, seems my newest companion is about as shy as a young doe." Watari jokes.

"Is that supposed to be a joke? Cause it was a bad joke." Jakotsu says with annoyance laced in his voice.

"In a way yes. Hehe, you must meet him my lady. I'm sure you two will get along just fine." Watari says glancing at Bankotsu who was leaning against a wooden beam on the other side of the tavern glaring at us.

"That boy is something else." Watari mumbled as he broke his gaze away from the mercenary.

"That He is." I mumbled as our eyes connected.

I smiled softly at him and he responded with a quick smirk before turning his attention to a young blonde.

"When will you show me how to use my magic?" I asked furrowing my brows as the blonde touched Bankotsu's arm.

"As soon as you're done with all this." Watari says gesturing to the business men in the corner.

"Your companion...he gives me a weird feeling." Glancing at the hooded man seated on the far side of the tavern, watching us.

"Does He now?" Watari questions as he brought his cup of whiskey to his lips.

As I stared at the man he lifted his head slightly. His eyes were a striking red and his hair was completely white but before I could make out the rest of his features he lowered his head.

"GIRL!! WHERE THE FUCKING HELL IS OUR DRINKS?!!" One of the men bellowed.

I grimaced as I tore away from the bar to return to the annoying European men.

I poured their drinks trying hard not to spill, until the bottle slipped from my hands and fell on the table spilling all over.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" I apologized as I tried to catch the bottle as it kept slipping from my hands.