Chapter ~ 3

(Mother's POV)

"M/n? Are you alright?" my husband opened the door. I shook my head. I admit now, I felt awful. I felt F/n hold my hand, taking in the comfort of his warm palms. There is no doubt about it... I am sure to die.

"F/n?" I say weakly.

"Yes my dear?" I open my eyes weakly to see my husbands eyes.

"I think... I think that God is calling for me..." I blink slowly. F/n opens his mouth to retort before closing it and nodding briefly.

"I know..." I hear his voice shake.

"Take care of our child, will you?" I request. F/n nods quickly.

"I will," F/n begins to cry. I lift my hand to curl it around his cheek.

"I love you so much..." I whispered. My husband holds my hand.

"I love you too," he whispered. I wiped one tear away and looked to a bright figure behind him. I see my sister...

"It's time to go now," Y/n smiles. I smirk.

"Already?..."

~~6 Years Later~~

"Bye Dad, I love you!" I kiss my father on the cheek before walking out the door with my bag.

"Have fun at school Y/n!" Dad said before the door shut. I breathe the fresh air of the sun. Smiled and full of energy, I rush over to the house next to me, knocking on the door.

"Ah Y/n! Philip-" Mrs. Hamilton opens the door and gasps as Philip shoves under her arm.

"Let's go!" the freckled boy grins.

"Have fun you two!" Mrs. Eliza chuckles before closing the door as fast as it opened.

"Here," I hold out a folded paper. Philip nods and exchanges the paper in my hand for a paper in his pocket. It's become a daily routine for the last six years. Exchanging letters for poems. We're both twelve years old now, and we write even longer letters and poems. I slide the poem in my bag and watch as Philip does the same.

"Shall we?" I gesture towards the streets. Philip laughs in response.

"We shall," he imitates in a British accent. I chuckle and begin to walk down the street. It's a short walk, shorter walk from the elementary school. We have just started middle school. In fact, we were in the same homeroom and English class.

"How is your day?" Philip asks. I roll my eyes.

"I don't know, it's just started actually," I shoot him a playful glare. Philip chuckles and lightly punches me in the arm.

"That's my girl," Philip smiled. I respond quickly.

"I was never your girl," I poke him in the nose, causing us to burst into laughter.

"We're only twelve," I shake my head. Philip shrugs.

"Maybe when we're older, we can be... more than friends," Philip wiggles his eyebrows. I slap him in the back off the head.

"Kidding Y/n, kidding," he laughs.

"Says the one who didn't know what friends with benefits meant," I roll my eyes.

"Coming from the one who just randomly wrote me a letter," Philip retorted.

"I was six!" I shot back.

"So?" Philip puffs out his chest.

"You are twelve! Almost thirteen!" I yell.

"Cool," he says in a calm tone. I huff. I freaking hate when people do that.