ɪx

"look" Stephon said while pointing to the clock on his night stand

The time read 12:00am.

"yeah?"

"Happy Birthday fool!" He said before kissing my forehead

I looked at him surprised. Today's the 13th. I honestly lost track of the days. That means I've been gone for a total of 8 days now.

"Happy Birthday to you too" I said hugging him tighter

It's crazy that we were both born the same day, a year apart of course. They used to always tell us the story of how our parents were planning for his birthday party that morning and then I decided to come out that same exact day. I guess sharing a birthday is something that made us closer.

"you lucky I actually like you, otherwise you woulda had to stay in your mom's pussy for another day" He joked

"shut the fuck up nigga"

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest. His body felt so comfortable to be on and to hold. I didn't feel nervous at all having my naked body pressed against his.

"what does this mean?" He asked while holding onto my forearm

"I mean...just because we had sex doesn't mean we have to—"

"I was talking about the tattoo" He cut me off

I opened my eyes and saw that his hand was holding the arm with my triangle tattoo on it.

"everything comes in 3's

"everything comes in 3's. you're born, you live and you die. beginning, middle and end. the trinity—mind, body and soul. the pyramid that represents that life is a cycle and infinite"

"so is like 3 your favorite number?" He asked

"333"

"and how about this one?" He asked pointing to the tattoo on my ribcage with a heart and the word me in it

"that was my first. I got it when I was 14 or 15, had to hide it from my dad which wasn't hard since he didn't pay attention. but I got it to remind myself that even if nobody loves me, I love me"