part eight

Halloween
There was no way in hell I was going to that party tonight. Elle told me she'd stay back with me tonight. I hadn't spoken to Jon for the past two days because I was upset with him, and everything else.
Throughout the whole day, all I could think about was the embarrassment I was going to feel tomorrow, if I do go to school. I'd heard stories like this happen to other girls, but not once did I think it would happen to me.
Elle came over around seven, so we could start binging Halloween movies early. Brendan went to a friends house for trick or treating, and mom decided to watch some movies with us. Just after eleven, the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see Jonathan dressed in a costume.
He smiled. "Aren't you ready for the party?"
I looked at him weird, and stepped outside so Elle and mom didn't have to hear what was about to happen. "You actually think I'm gonna go to that Halloween party?"
He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I threw it for you. I just want you to have a good time." He said, sounding a little confused.
"You're kidding me. I can't face all those people. Haven't you seen that photo?" I asked.
"What photo?"
I almost felt relief that he hadn't. That means not everyone has seen it. "The photo of that naked girl, that apparently everyone who's seen it thinks it's me." I said quietly.
He tried to give me a hug, but I pushed him away. "And who do you think you are? I don't need to you throw me parties, and I don't need you to beat someone up for me. I'm not a child."
"So this is what I get?" He scoffed.
"Leave." Without saying another word, he left. I headed up to my room silently, and Elle followed. I laid on my bed thinking about how my life had become a complete train wreck. I told Elle what happened.
   "He loves you, Ashley." Elle said.
   I shook my head. "I messed up, didn't I?" It's been nine minutes since Jon left, and I regretted every bit of what I said.
   I didn't feel like apologizing right away, so I didn't bother texting him. Around 11, Elle went home and I headed to bed.

-

November 1
   I woke up on time for school, but I immediately told mom I felt sick. She threw me some Advil and felt my head.
   "You're fine, Ashley. If something goes wrong just drive home." She said. I put sweatpants and a sweatshirt on and headed to school.

-

As soon as I got to school people stared. Between first and second period, some boy said "When are we gonna see the backside Ashley?"
So I responded with, "Fuck off." Little did I know there was a teacher three feet away from us. Next thing you know, we're both in the principals office.
I had to explain what was going on, but the principal refused to believe that the photo wasn't me. I ended up getting my phone taken by the law, and even my mom thought the photo was me. I felt so alone.
    There was nothing for me to do. There's no way I couldn't prove the photo wasn't me. I wasn't ready to talk to Jon, either.
November 2
   School was terrible. I was constantly harassed by boys, and given dirty looks by other girls. The thing that bothered me the most is the fact that I had no clue where the photo came from. Was it another girl at school? Or was it some stranger? I just didn't understand why I had to have anything to do with this.
   Around 10:00, Joe and Elle came over. I listened to them gaggle over boys, and I couldn't stop thinking about mine. I know I'd messed up. I needed to apologize to him, but my brain had only been focusing on one thing the past few days.
   Later that night, I decided I needed to go tell Jon I loved him, and that I'm sorry. I wasn't about to do it over the phone, so I told Elle and Joe I'd be back soon. 
   I walked out of the house and got in my car without  telling my mom, I didn't want to wake her. It was passed midnight, and it was incredibly dark out. My hands were shaking because I was so nervous to go see him.
   My headlights of my old car were dim, so seeing the road wasn't easy. I drove through an intersection, without paying much attention. I never knew that would've been the biggest regret of my life as I felt another car hit me head on, and then everything went black.
____________________________________
Sorry for not updating for so long!! School has started and I'm pretty busy. Short chapter, but the next one will be longer :)