0.4

[Aylin's POV]

He's dead, how didn't I remember that? I was so caught up in our "reunion" that my brain wasn't even functioning right.

"Aylin...." He says, very slowly trying to get closer to me.

I'm just imagining him, right? How can I let him disappear? I shut my eyes tight and open them again.

He's still there.

"What are you doing?" he asks softly.

"T-trying to make you go away. You're not r-real" I manage to say out.

"What did I tell you Aylin? I promise you that I'm actually here."

I stay quiet and stop backing away.

"Then how come I've heard that you're dead?" I say, trembling.

He sighs and closes his eyes. "Just please calm down, and I'll tell you everything."

"Can you start on how did you manage to convince everyone, including your parents, that you're dead?" I say, a bit loudly.

What did he do? Did he fake his death and now asking me for help to cover it up? I guess I'll receive my answers now.

He opens his eyes and looks up at me. He stands up and says, "I am dead."

[Luke's POV]

To my surprise, she starts laughing.

She laughs hard and covers her mouth and I am standing here with a serious look on my face.

She sees my expressions and says, "Oh wait you're serious?" She laughs again.

She's not making it any easier for me.

"Aylin, please stop. Yes I am serious. Let me explain." I say with an annoyed tone.

"Explain? What that you died and now you're just a ghost and you're haunting people from your past around?" She says, as a tear rolls down her face from laughter.

"Actually, that's exactly what happened." I say out simply.

She stops laughing and looks at me.

I raise my eyebrows and shrug.

"Huh?" she asks.

"Well, that's kind of what happened. I did die in a car accident, but now I'm this kind of spirit and for some reason you're the only one that can see, hear, and touch me." I decide to leave out the part where she has to fall in love with me so I'd regain my life.

She just stares at me for a few moments. Then she starts walking towards me and says "Oh god, you're bloody serious."

"Uuuuh yeah.." I say.

She stops right in front of me and puts the back of her palm to my forehead.

"What in the name of Poseidon, God of the sea, are you doing?" I ask her.

"Checking if you're actually okay. I guess you've been hit pretty deep if you actually think you're a ghost." She says, still not taking her hand of my forehead.

"Spirit." I correct her.

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever. Does it matter?" she says.

"Yes." I say, taking my hand to remove hers from my forehead. "It does, actually."

"Luke stop. Okay? Just stop." She says

"What?" I say, quite confused.

"I spent last night sobbing over your death. I cried and I cried my heart out until I couldn't breath. My mom told me that you died in a car accident and she was pretty serious about it."