0.5

[Aylin's POV.]

We walk back to my house in complete silence. I'm glad he doesn't say anything because it gives me time to try to comprehend everything that he just told me.

He's dead. He's dead and I'm the only one he can speak to. He's dead and I'm the only one who knows that his....sprit, is still around.

He expected me to understand him and believe him so quickly but my mind is screaming with confusion and uncertainty.

Maybe it's just one of those punk'd show things and he's just pranking me.

No, Luke wouldn't do that, right?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Luke's sharp intake of breath.

"What's wrong?" I ask him then I realize what he is looking at.

My mother is sleeping on the ground in front of our house.

"Don't say anything." I whisper to him, not taking my eyes off my mother who probably spend the night there waiting for me to get back.

He looks at me, "It's not like she's gonna see me or hear me."

"Just, don't." I sharply say.

I run towards my mother and drop to my knees beside her and start shaking her slowly, "Mom? Mom, wake up, I'm here."

She moves around softly then abruptly opens her eyes widely, "Aylin?"

I smile weakly and nod.

"Good God where have you been? I've been waiting for you to come back all night!" She stands up and rubs her eyes.

I stand up too and begin to explain myself. "I'm sorry I just had to take my time..."

She looks at me with sad eyes and says, "I know, I'm so sorry about what happened."

I hug her back and at the moment I wish I could just burst open and tell her about everything Luke told me.

"Come on let's get you inside and clean you up. Did you sleep on the dirt?" She asks while opening the door, eying my dirty clothes.

At the moment, a good, warm shower is what I need.

She waits for me to get inside but I just smile and tell her to go inside first. I mean, I wouldn't want Luke to get locked outside. But he probably can teleport himself.

I think.

I take a mental note to ask him later.

My mother enters and I hold the door and look behind me but surprisingly don't see Luke.

"Luke? Luke where are you?" I say softly so my mother wouldn't hear me.

He still isn't there.

I start panicking, what if I did imagine him? What if he wasn't actually there and my mind was just creating images of him? Oh my goodn-

"BOO" he jumps beside me and I scream loudly then I feel his hand covering my mouth.

I giggle and he's holding his smile, "Your mom will definitely think you're crazy."

I'm aware of his touch on my skin and I flinch away and give him a weak smile.

My mom pops her head out of the kitchen, "Why are you screaming?" She asks.

"It's uuuh" I say and I hear Luke beside me suggesting sarcastically that I tell her the truth, "I saw something on my phone."

I ask myself the question again. Why am I the only one that can hear him?

"Oh well I'll be shopping all day, wanna come?" She asks.

Luke starts talking "No I'm sorry I can't, because I have to take care of my spirit best friend because he jus-"

"Shut up!" I yell to Luke.

"Excuse me?" My mom says, offended.

Damn it.

Luke laughs and throws his head back and claps his hands.

He's amused.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that to you. And I just want to stay home, I'm tired."

Does she not understand I spent last night sleeping on the forest?

"Of course," she says, shaking her head, "I'm sorry, I know it's been hard for you, losing your best friend and all that."

I shrug and head upstairs to shower.

..

The hot water relaxes my muscles as I go through today's events in my mind.

What is going to happen now? Okay, we can speak and all that, but is this how it is going to be forever? What's next? And why do I keep questioning myself but not ask him?

"Whatcha thinkin' about?"

I scream as I cover my naked body using the shower curtains.

Luke puts his hands over his eyes. "Oops, sorry I didn't knock."

I grab the shampoo bottle and throw it at him. "Get out!" I yell.

He dodges away as the bottle hits the wall. He then looks at me and raises his eyebrows with a smirk.

Oh my god.

"I swear I didn't see anything, I swear." He says, not wiping that smirk off his face.

I scoff and point towards the door.

He raises his arms in defeat and stars backing away towards the door, "Okay, okay, I'm leaving." Then he suddenly disappears from my sight.

I guess he does have the teleport power.

I cover my face with my hands as my face reddens from what just happened.