sixteen

formation

formation.

_____

SIXTEEN.

She thinks that he doesn't know but he does.

Mackenzie has been avoiding him.

No matter how many times Johnny attempts to convince her into spending time with him, she always manages to avoid it.

"Princess, I'm bored. Can we watch a movie?"

"I'm sorry... I have an assignment due."

"Let's eat something, Princess."

"I have a... thing in thirty minutes. Maybe you can go eat with Hayden?"

"Can we do something? Anything?"

"Sorry, Johnny. I have errands to run!"

Day after day, she flees the house. It's becoming quite upsetting to him. It's like she doesn't know how to relax around him. Similarly, like she's afraid or nervous around him.

Johnny doesn't understand. He's been so good. Not once has he tried to make a move on Mackenzie.

Although, sometimes it does become tempting.

But, he's been able to control himself. He's finally understanding human relationships, too.

He now knows that it takes time before you can properly call someone as your girlfriend. It also takes time before you can become intimate.

It's still not making sense, though. Not once has he intentionally stripped in front of her, or let his fingers drag across the smoothness of her skin.

But, she's still avoiding him.

Like right now, as he lays quietly on the floor of Hayden's apartment and staring at the ceiling. Annie and Dylan are napping on the couch, laid out on either side of the long piece of furniture.

It's late afternoon, soon to be evening, and Johnny's feeling very abandoned.

Mackenzie was supposed to be back from class ten minutes ago, but there's no sign of her.

Johnny can't help but worry as he runs his fingers over the fluffy carpet.

What if she got kidnapped, or hit by a car? What if something bad happen to her?

But in all reality, he understands the situation.

She's perfectly fine.

She hasn't returned because she knows that he's here, waiting for her.

That hurts.

"Where the fuck is Kenzie?" Hayden paces around the living room, dressed for a night out.

Grasped in his hand is his phone, which he's harshly punching buttons.

"Lying ass." He huffs through gritted teeth. "This bitch needs to hurry up, I got places to be and people to see."

Johnny sighs, scrunching his eyebrows. "She won't come back. I'm here."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"She's avoiding me." He crosses his arms childishly.

Hayden pinches his bridge nose, a heavy sigh escaping through his chest. "What happened this time?"

Johnny shrugs. That's a good question.

"Kenzie needs to get her shit together." He sets a hand on his hips like a mother scolding a child. "She hasn't even been taking care of you, you've been at my house constantly for the past week! I need a break!"

"I know." He whines, rolling onto his stomach. He buries his face in the carpet, miserable.

"That's it." He scoffs, marching off into the kitchen.

He comes in a moment later with a plastic shopping bag. The tinkling of glass bumping glass comes from inside.

"Here." He says, shoving the bag into Johnny's hands. "Give this to Kenzie when she gets back. Tell her to loosen up."

Johnny peaks inside the plastic, seeing a bunch of glass bottles inside. "What is it?"

Hayden scratches his head and glances at the digital-watch by the TV. "It's a special drink that'll make her happy. Pour it in a cup, okay? And if she refuses, make her drink it."

"Will this really make her happy?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"I promise." He nods. His phone vibrates in his hand, and his eyes narrow at the screen. "She'll be here another hour. We can't wait that long."

"I'll be fine by myself." Johnny reassures.

Although, Hayden looks hesitant, imagining all the things that could go wrong.

"Okay, yeah. That's fine." Glancing at Dylan and Annie still sleeping on the couch, he claps his hand. "Hey! If you want to come with me tonight, then get up!"

They both snap awake and together stumble after Hayden and Johnny into the hall.

Hayden unlocks Mackenzie's apartment with his extra key. "Be good. Don't burn the house down until Kenzie gets back. Oh, and remember to give her the drink. Bye!"

"Bye, guys." Johnny says, closing the door as they leave. He flicks the locks and carries the bag into the kitchen.

Unable to contain his curiosity, he takes one of the bottles out and swishes the liquid around.

Hayden said it's for Mackenzie... but why can't Johnny try it?

He wants to be happy too.

Opening a bottle, he follows Hayden's instruction, pouring the drink into a small cup. He lifts the cup near his nose and sniffs, scrunching at the strong scent.

This is supposed to make him happy?

He shrugs. If it's meant for Mackenzie, Johnny knows he can drink it without any problems.

So, he brings the cup to his lips and downs the entire glass in one go.

He can't wait to be happy.

_____

END OF CHAPTER.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!

A/N: peppa pig is THAT bitch... change my mind 😋