Drunk In Love

"Another drink?"

Crystal facepalmed in frustration as Gold downed another glass of cheap spirit.

"Hey! You lost the bet!" was Gold's only response between drinks.

Crystal sighed. He was right after all. The bet was one designed to keep Crystal from overworking herself. If Crystal was being honest, she appreciated the intention, but getting Gold drunk probably wasn't the best idea. He was enough of a handful while sober.

"If I could spend an entire day helping you work without annoying you, you would buy me a few drinks." Gold took another sip.

Crystal eyed the empty glasses around Gold doubtfully. He'd had more than "a few" drinks. Hopefully he'd pass out and Crystal could just drag him home and call it a day. She shuddered at the thought of talking to Gold's mom with a drunk Gold in hand.

"Hey, Super Serious Gal! Whatcha thinking about?"

She forced a smile, and answered freely.

"Just wondering about how big the bill will be when we leave."

Gold laughed. He took out his wallet and slid a few bills over to her.

"Being able to sit here with you is enough for winning the bet."

Crystal counted the money. It was probably about half of what Gold drank and she couldn't help but frown a little. But what he said made her blush.

"Hey, barkeep! Get me another drink."

When the drink came Gold slid the glass over to Crystal.

"Drink up, Crys. Drinking alone makes me feel lonely."

He pouted and this time it was Crystal's turn to laugh. She shot him a rare smile and took a drink.

"Ugh. You actually like this stuff?"

Crystal had to refrain from spitting on Gold in disgust. However, she found herself laughing with him.

"Crystal," Gold started, "has anyone ever told you that you're really cute?"

Now Crystal found herself blushing very red. She couldn't kick Gold in this sitting position, and she felt bad about hitting a drunk man. She shook her head.

"Gold let's go home. You're pretty drunk."

Gold frowned a little. He sighed and took another sip.

"I only got drunk so I would have the confidence to ask you out."

Crystal gaped at Gold in shock. He returned the stare with a sad smile. Crystal opened and closed her mouth a few times.

"Gold, I lo-" Crystal started.

It was at this moment that Gold decided to pass out, falling out of his chair quite comically.

"I love you, too." Crystal finished.

Smiling to herself, she laid both her and Gold's money on the bar table and started to drag a unconscious boy out of the room. Maybe the bar wasn't that bad, after all.